Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Foo Fighters? And Nirvana while we're at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Thanks for the Nirvana tips!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Nirvana had all of three studio albums. Nevermind or In Utero are probably where anyone starts. If you dislike one, I don't think the other will convince you.

With live albums and compilations, everything issued after the 90s strikes me as an after-the-fact cash-in. If you like Nirvana you'll at least want to give the unplugged one and Incesticide a spin, some really good stuff on there.

They're like Joy Division: legendary status, if you really really like them you can go in almost infinitely deep with unreleased takes and demos and B-sides, but not actually all that much output in their time.

This actually made me think of Joy Division, a band I've heard one fantastic song of but nothing else. What's the best album to start with them? Also I very recently saw the video your avatar is from because of your avatar so thanks for that as well.

Edit: Thanks for all the tips. I should've probably checked before asking about Nirvana and Joy Division, I had no idea they had five albums total between them, I just meant to ask about foo fighters and the rest were kind of add-ons.

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 27, 2021

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
This isn't for me but people who ask me

Pink Floyd?

I love them to death and want to say Dark Side of the Moon because Time is one of the best songs ever. Probably in my top one. But then again Endless River is a surprisingly good album. Not to mention all the other super famous ones. Where would you tell people to start?

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Top three albums of The Who to start with?