Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Junpei posted:

I just noticed I've been listening to a lot of rock/metal JRPG soundtracks, so that made me think: Are there any Japanese rock/metal bands I can listen too?

This is a couple of months old and not exactly "rock" (more J-Goth) but Malice Mizer was basically a J-Goth/Darkpop supergroup that got mega famous in the mid-late 1990s that is worth looping back on. It's insanely theatrical so watching the performances is an important chunk of the experience but it's enjoyable just to listen to as well. Merveilles is a good album to start with because it was really "peak" Malice Mizer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I'm at a show (PIG, Cyanotic) and someone at the bar mentioned "witchcore" sounding like normal music dropped to G and slowed. This sounds interesting to me. Any recs?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Junpei posted:

I know logically that the Spice Girls were like, crazy, stupid big, but the only song I know by them is, well, Wannabe. Are their albums any good?

They're solid workout jams and it's fun pop. Honestly now of all times Spice Girls is perfectly appropriate to get into.

I think their second album (Spiceworld) is more solid and interesting than the first but they're both a blend of club tracks and poppy vaguely R&B inspired ballads. Forever (3rd album, post Ginger Spice) is pretty meh.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Type O Negative?