Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Goons, where might I start with The Psychedelic Furs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Where should I start with Atmosphere? Someone just linked me to this live version of The River and I'm pretty impressed, it gets really intense at the end and the guy sounds like he's almost breaking into tears. I'd like to hear more.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
How good is Faye Wong, and where should I start? She has a ton of stuff, I kind of imagine it varies massively in quality and style so I really have no idea. I'd be looking to get into her more alternative stuff (if that even exists, I dunno), for example I heard she was at some point influenced a lot by Cocteau Twins so I'm looking for that kind of thing.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

drainpipe posted:

I like Arvo Part's Tabula Rasa. Where should I go? I'm aware that Philip Glass is related, but he has too many works. Where's a good starting point?
I'm not sure Philip Glass is that similar to Part really, but he is still pretty good. If you want more Arvo Part, pretty much all of his stuff is great but my favourites after Tabula Rasa are Spiegel im Spiegel and the choral work De Profundis

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

chitinid posted:

How abooout The Strokes?
Is This It is their first album, generally considered their best and was a massive massive deal when it came out so definitely start with that. Go chronologically with them really, general consensus is that they got worse as they went along but there is some great stuff on all their albums.