Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I really, really want to get into 60s and 70s era Funk music. I went to a funk night at a hipster hang out and man, it was great. Any recommendations are great, but I think what I'd really love are a few online streams that consist mostly of funk music and will help me explore the genre. Thanks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

How about DJ Sets? Nothing too deep into any one scene, the ones I've found that I really liked so far were The Avalanches "Gimix", DJ Spinbads 80's mix and Justice's BBC Essential Mix. I also liked MY GAY HUSBAND's Yacht Rock mixtape...or makeout mixtape I can't remember exactly what it was.

I guess I enjoy the ones where it's the DJ's trying to feature really great songs while putting their own little theme or touch.

I know this is a bit late, but I STRONGLY recommend Missing Toof and the sites it lists on there if you're interested in dancey electronic mash up style mixes. Richie Panic, Kill The Noise, Clifford Lidell/CASIO and La Greve Generale have some absolutely stellar mix sets floating around, definitely check them out :)

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pulling Teeth posted:

https://www.soulstrut.com

The streams aren't great quality, but the selections are. Also, go read the funk thread I started - I think you'll need archives though, I can't find the thread.

I saw it after I posted :) I got that What it is compilation, I'm going to put that on my iPod tonight and start the serious listening :)