Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Col.Kiwi
Dec 28, 2004
And the grave digger puts on the forceps...

cryme posted:

for Kyuss you need Welcome to Sky Valley, then Blues for the Red Sun, then ..And the Circus Leaves Town, then any of their split/EP material. Avoid Wretch until you've exhausted everything else.
To provide an alternative viewpoint, I'd suggest starting with Blues for the Red Sun. It flows very well and IMO it's not only the best possible introduction to Kyuss it's the best possible introduction to stoner rock. From that point I'd check out Welcome to Sky Valley and after that you're either hooked or you probably just don't like Kyuss. Wretch is harder to get into and should be heard after you're already into the band, but I definitely don't think it's inferior - only less accessible.

Welcome to Sky Valley is a fabulous album but I tend to shy away from reccomending it as someone's first Kyuss album like many people do because I think it's a little more homogenous than some of their other works. It has more of a particular feel throughout the album, Blues for the Red Sun is a bit more varied in showing different styles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Col.Kiwi
Dec 28, 2004
And the grave digger puts on the forceps...
A buddy who loves Devo said that "Whip It" is the only reason everybody thinks they were a gimmick and if they hadn't made that song more people would realize they were a seriously excellent pop band. He's probably right.

Anyway. What album do you guys reccomend by Daughters? I just got their new 2010 self-titled album and I am loving it. What should I get next? Any other bands I should check out because I like this album? I'm finding it really cool how they can be noisy/kinda mathy but still really groovy. It's chaotic but I can't stop tapping my foot.