Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExplodingChef
May 25, 2005

Deathscorts are the true American heroes.

hatelull posted:

The albums after Disintegration are extremely hit or miss, with Wish containing both a ridiculously popular single and at the same time one of the most nauseating songs ever recorded. Everything from that album on, is very much a pick and choose affair.

Out of curiosity, what's your pick for the nauseating song? If it isn't "Wendy Time" or "Doing the Unstuck" we may have to have a fight. I'm very fond of that album, except for those two songs that I find incredibly jarring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingChef
May 25, 2005

ExecuDork posted:

This is the "Where do I start with ?" thread, not the "Where do I end with ? on a desert island", isn't it?

Anyway, Jane's Addiction? I only know Been Caught Stealing, but they must have some other noteworthy stuff.

The "meat" of the band are very much Nothing's Shocking and Ritual de lo Habitual. I think they're both *fantastic* albums -- if you dig those, there's a number of live releases and b-sides and the like.

I'd say Nothing's Shocking has a more "experimental" feel to it, while Ritual definitely sounds a little more commercial, but not necessarily in a bad way.

ExplodingChef
May 25, 2005

of Montreal?

They've got kind of an intimidatingly large discography, and I'm not sure where to dig in. I started listening to Hissing Fauna today at work, and am digging that so far. Otherwise the only other material I'm familiar with is the song "Let's Do Everything for the First Time," which I adore.