Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogoDogo
Jun 12, 2018

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

I have no idea where to even start with the bands. My fiance and I talked briefly about the looks of different materials, but we didn't figure anything out. I've browsed jewelers online but nothing's jumped out to me-- everything looks so similar, so how can I tell what I like? Part of me feels like the rings themselves should have as much emotional significance as our engagement rings did, too, but I know they will after he and I pick them out together so maybe that's dumb.

What is your engagement ring like? Any cues you can take from that? For example, my engagement ring is vintage from a certain era and has milgrain details (those little tiny dots), so both my husband I found bands from the same time period and also had some milgrain details, so it all feels like a set, even though itís actually three different metals (mine are white gold e-ring and platinum band, his band is yellow gold.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

I knew when I was looking for mine that I didnít want a gold one so I actually found the one I wanted on manlybands.com. If you ignore the pandering and the insane ring names (which are extremely funny to read) itís surprisingly affordable and had some nice options. I got one with tungsten and wood and Iím very happy with it.

Got my fiancťís band from manly band and he loves it. It looks solid quality and the free silicone band is a nice add on.

5.5 months left and still so much to pay for! Eek!!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

So what was the big deal? The frog was wearing a hat?

EDIT: Wrong thread

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 22, 2021

DogoDogo
Jun 12, 2018

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Literal lol

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

cats can have little a sunglasses, as a treat

Wedding planning update:
-Venues for ceremony and reception both booked, deposits put down
-Cake tasting done, bakery secured, inspiration pics for decorations sent
-Guest list (mostly) nailed down, unofficial save the dates distributed to family and mutual friends

Also I ordered wedding clothes for our cats. The invitations are going to be incredible

Our reception venue has caterers they work with that have some really nice options, so next up we'll be talking to them

DogoDogo posted:

What is your engagement ring like? Any cues you can take from that? For example, my engagement ring is vintage from a certain era and has milgrain details (those little tiny dots), so both my husband I found bands from the same time period and also had some milgrain details, so it all feels like a set, even though itís actually three different metals (mine are white gold e-ring and platinum band, his band is yellow gold.)

That's a really good idea, thank you!

Pope Corky the IX posted: