Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Wickerman posted:

How accurate is the OP currently? I'm about ready to start a diamond search and I feel woefully inadequate in the knowledge department.

I am midway through this process myself. I am working with a local jeweler to design a custom ring, and have been thoroughly impressed with their work so far. However we're at the diamond selection stage and I am not at all impressed with the pricing on the diamonds, especially as compared to online. They have no issue with me ordering a diamond online to use in the ring, as the cost for the ring is separate from the stones.

What are the concerns with ordering from somewhere online like blue Nile, Brilliant Earth, James Allen, etc.? They all seem to have really good return policies, insured shipping, etc. The local jeweler wasn't completely sold on the idea as they indicated they frequently reject stones which may be graded vvs1 but have visible inclusions, and I'm not sure if that's bullshit so I buy a stone through them or not.

What are others experiences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

We're scheduled for August 29th and have people coming up from the states (We're in Canada). Our vendors are willing to postpone a year, so we're going to do that. We may get married with immediate family only this year and just have the party a year later, TBD as the whole COVID-19 thing evolves. A few of my best friends would be traveling internationally to attend, and it's just not possible to plan for right now.

Plus we'd much rather small ceremoy with limited attendees and a big party with everyone afterwards anyway, so COVID gives us an excuse to do what we want rather than do a big ceremony too.