Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shazdenny
Jul 25, 2007

26+6=1
I was married in september, here are a few ideas for saving money:

If you live in the chicago area, check out Wedding Belles for cheap yet awesome dresses. My wife and sister both bought there; they do discontinued fashions, model dresses etc, so you can often find very nice things cheap. No ordering, however, just whatever they have in stock that day. Strange sizes too; my wife is 6'4" and had many options.

If you're a college grad and still a member of your schools union or alumni association, you can often get good deals on booking things there. We did our ceremony in a garden at our alma mater and the reception in a room in the student union, and it was very nice, very cheap. This only works if your school has places you'd like to get married in, however.

My wife is a landscape designer/horticulturist, and she saved a fortune on flowers by going to a farmers market THAT MORNING and have the bridesmaids and a few useful cousins assemble corsages and bouquets. I thought this would be a disaster but it actually worked awesomely, but only b/c she and some of her friends knew what they were doing, and had scouted out the famer's market previously. Not recommended if disaster on that front would bother you, but the total cost for us turned out to be around $75(!!!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU