Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiggy Marie
Jan 16, 2006

Meep!
Early July wedding here. We moved everything back to the same month and day but 2021. All of our vendors were awesome about the change, and I have one less major stress off me during this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggy Marie
Jan 16, 2006

Meep!

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

Update: Our venue let people with weddings in April and early May postpone, but is telling us that they're moving forward with July 2020 weddings because the Texas governor is now allowing weddings as of next week. I haven't seen any medical evidence that Texas will be safer by July, but it looks like I may just either have to have a wedding in a near empty venue or forfeit $6,000 I paid for the venue just to never have my wedding.

That sucks. It's ample time for a switch regardless, would they not honor a date switch with nearly two months notice? Blarg. I hope y'all stay safe.

Wiggy Marie
Jan 16, 2006

Meep!
I'm getting a lot of concerned messages checking in around what would've been our wedding day. We were stressed out worrying about putting our families amd friends in danger, neither of us have regretted the decision to postpone for a year. I appreciate the concern from friends and family though!

Wiggy Marie
Jan 16, 2006

Meep!
^^^ gorgeous dress!

If you can get to Asheville, NC easily Candler's Budget Bridal is worth the trip. They have a Facebook you can check out to see the styles. Absolutely stunning, high quality dresses for up to $600, including the plus sizes. I bought mine there and I cannot wait to wear it.

I brought two of my best friends for my dress shopping because I haaaaate shopping and needed their support and it was a wonderful experience.

Also seconding the wedding planner advice. One of said friends is also my official wedding planner and I have had no stress as a result.

Good luck with plans and congratulations!

Wiggy Marie fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jul 31, 2020

Wiggy Marie
Jan 16, 2006

Meep!

CeramicPig posted:

My fiancé is switching jobs and the insurance options provided are insulting at best. Very expensive for little to no coverage. As a firefighter and living during a pandemic in America where health is a political topic and not a guaranteed right, it’s important he have good/decent insurance. So we decided to get hitched :peanut:

Please ignore my weird face. I was anxious and my feet hurt.

It doesn’t feel real yet, but we’re also keeping it a secret from most people. We also just did it yesterday so maybe it just hasn’t sunk in yet. We’re still doing the big wedding next year but at least I can have him on my insurance this way and if anything happens he’s covered. I’m very happy and excited to get to call him my husband 💕

Aww, congrats!