Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I bought my Wrangler used in Feb. 06. It's an '02 SE 4-cylinder with a soft top. I love it to death, except for the loving soft top. I can't afford a hard top (and don't know if I'd want one anyway). My problem is, the two oval openings at the top of my windshield into which the front of the soft top clips were really worn down by the previous owner. The grooves are so bad that I can't even get them to clip any more, so the only thing keeping the top attached to my Jeep are the plastic blades running around the borders.

I'm going to need a new soft top eventually...actually, I need one right loving now but can't afford that, either. My rear windscreen's zipper is absolutely hosed and being held on solely by Gorilla Tape. It's extremely ghetto but it's all I can do right now.

Once I do find a new soft top, what (if anything) can I do to repair/replace the openings for the front clips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I had the same problem with my 02 Wrangler SE and the sway bar links ended up being shot.