Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.
Graboids were no match for a Gladiator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.
That article is a fakepost.

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.

Braincloud posted:

Couple of pics from this weekend:

Do you have these in a larger size? They would make excellent desktop backgrounds.

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.
Some versions of the Liberty came with 235/70R16's stock, so you should be ok with those on the stock wheels.

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.
I have a Jeep dilemma. This CJ5 is for sale nearby. I'm sure there are plenty of CJs for sale that are in much nicer shape. However, this one is the exact same model as the one that my dad owned when I was growing up and I think it would be a cool father-son project. There's a lot more rust on it than I would like, and I bet the floor has a swiss cheese look, but rust is par for the course on Jeeps. The most I've ever done on a vehicle is change fluids and spark plugs, but I've looked at other project threads and I've been wanting a project for some time. I have no expectations of doing this inexpensively or in a reasonable amount of time. I'm not planning on building an offroad monster, just restoring it to newish condition. Is tackling this Jeep a bad idea?

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.

grzydj posted:

Anybody change the spark plugs in a V6 Jeep Liberty before? I'm coming up on the recommended service interval and this will be my first V6 spark plug change.

I can change the plugs in my inline 6 4.0 in about 10 minutes. Please tell me that the Liberty is going to be just as easy. Please.
I changed the plugs on my Liberty in about a half hour and I'd never changed plugs in a vehicle before. The plugs are deep in the engine, so you'll need some socket extensions. For the back two plugs on the passenger side, you'll either need a swivel joint on your socket/extensions or you'll need to move the coolant bottle. I chose to move the coolant bottle. I undid the two bolts and moved it out of the way without disconnecting the hoses or anything.

EDIT: The recommended plug on the various Liberty forums is Autolite Platinums. Anything else is a waste.

Goob fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 27, 2009

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.

WildFoxMedia posted:

Just realized that its probably worth giving you guys the URL to the Grand Cherokee im looking at.

http://www.normandinchryslerjeep.net/used-inventory/2004-Jeep-Grand+Cherokee/caa24a3e4046381e00ffce212f9567a1.htm

According to KBB, in "Excellent" condition, its valued around 17,700 which is on par with their price.

Does this seem like a good deal to you guys? Im not much of a ball buster with dealers, so I dont expect to talk the price down much beyond "Yea, I want to spend like XXX a month max"

Edit: Also found a couple on CarMax, but I dont really know anything about them good or bad (CarMax that is)
That WJ doesn't appear to be 4WD. I don't see a shifter and the listing mentions it's just RWD, which makes 17k a ridiculous price.

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.

Doctor Zero posted:

Everything I've ever read has people swearing up one side and down the other that if you don't run ATF+4 in your tranny, you'll gently caress it up.

And I don't mean :downswords: on the internet, I mean Jeep-smart people on the Jeep forums.
The AW4 doesn't take ATF+4 since it's not a Chrysler transmission. For modern Chrysler transmissions used in Jeeps, like the 42RLE, put nothing in it but ATF+4 from approved brands.

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.
A fitting day for Chrysler to debut another pickup concept they'll never put into production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.
Any of you guys have a need for a Lubelocker 42RLE Transmission Pan Gasket? I found one in my pile of crap, but don't have a Jeep with a 42RLE anymore. PM me and I can ship it your way.