Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
YJs started in 1987. TJs in 97 and JKs in 07.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
I'm gonna say that to own and KEEP an older Jeep you have to have some sort of sickness. You overlook all the bad and you love that goddamn thing more than any other single thing on Earth.

They ride terrible, they are sometimes cranky or down right temperamental, you always wind up spending way more money than you should, but there are the days, those glorious goddamn days when that loving Jeep makes you smile more than the best and most drugs you could possibly take.

Driving through mudholes like they aren't even there, climbing over things, getting the gently caress beat out you as you drive over paths that can't really be called trails. Then when it's all done you might hose it off but you love each and every ding, scratch, dent, and gash.

Or for the Jeeps that can, blowing down the road with the top and doors off is just pure loving goddamn sex.

Sure newer Jeeps are similar but those of us that keep the older Jeeps understand, and it just simply can not be truly explained or described.

I say this because many people see Jeeps and SEE the fun and think they might like to be a part of that, but then they find out the true nature of the beast and decide it really isn't for them.

I am addicted, and I will be buried in mine.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

Aran posted:

Where is your Hi-Lift mounted exactly? That's not bolted to the hood is it? :psyduck:

I did the same thing, except I didn't buy the fancy rack. I made one that uses the hood hinges, replacing one of the hinge bolts with a bolt running up with the threads sticking out, a couple of nuts to clamp the hinge, a stainless 2" spacer, some washers and wing nuts.

Why exactly does a hi-lift on the hood warrant a :psyduck:?

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

leica posted:

So you finally swapped in a diesel? Why no project thread? I demand more pictures! :argh:

And it's not ugly by the way. :swoon:

Yeah, commandos are awesome, just nearly impossible to find, or if you find one it is very expensive.

I'd love a jeepster commando.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

Aran posted:

Maybe it's just me, but a 15-20lb jack on an light piece of sheet metal just doesn't seem very safe for that piece of metal.

The fancy mount and the one I made use the hinges as mounting points, which are steel. I used thick washers on the under side of the hood and the top of the hinge.

I have the tie downs and windshield rests off because I'm gonna rivet black diamond plate on that raised area and I may put them back.

Other places people mount jacks are in the back across the rear wheel wells, some have mounted on/to the roll bars on the sides, or to the rear bumper/cross member all of which I would say are worse places than the hood.

I keep the handle in the box in the rear, the jack is really too big to put anywhere else.

Of course you can't fold the windshield down this way but I USUALLY don't. This is temporary for me until I get the rear bumper/tire carrier. I'll get a new jack then as well since the one I have is 10 years old.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
And if you want to get it dirty in a hurry, take the fender flares off.

I'm in the middle of replacing my YJ flares with TJ flares.

Edit: Summer time picture.

Tossed_Salad_Man fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 16, 2008

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

NVaderJ posted:

Meet my soccer mom special!

I get 13 mpg, but the amount I pay for the lease more than makes up for it. I'll absolutely lease another one if the price is right. I've been nothing but impressed with it.

Do you seriously get 13mpg?

My old 88yj gets 11ish, and I have been trying to figure out how to get that up. In jeep forums you get posts upon posts of guys with 33s and stock gears quoting 21mpg and how they can do moab backwards and never spin a wheel. I know you have to take that poo poo with a grain of salt but every time a mpg thread comes up in a jeep forum you always see people posting with 15 and above.

I try to just let it go and fill up when it's empty but you always wonder if you can't get better.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
How does an electronic sway bar disconnect work? I mean you push a button and what happens, mechanically speaking? Stays connected somehow allowing drop, comes disconnected or what?

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

ZippySLC posted:

Electromagnets. Then a motor moves the sway bar up when you reconnect it so it can reattach with the magnet.

Are you making GBS threads me? Seriously?

gently caress.:monocle:

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
I finally got around to putting the soft top on. I took 2 pictures. I haven't driven the jeep since March-ish and it fired right up.

Anyway on the Front is a Vortex 12000lb winch. So far it does exceptionally well, it's a hair on the slow side, but beats using the hi-lift as a come along.

As for the 12000lb rating I've not "tested" it, but for $350 I'm in love.

It's similar to Bulldog, and Chicago Electric winches.

I think I will be doing a new Herculiner coat this summer, or I may just scrub it and touch it up with rattle can.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

Legitimate posted:

Ok, I went and r/r the hood on the 94' YJ, did a full service, swapped the tires to bigger ones, and I've been having a hell of alot of fun on the sand near my house.

Here is a question: I've noticed that the 4x4 light on the dash stays on no matter what. All of the other electrical is trouble-free. It seems to be shifting from 2H to 4H fine, but the light doesn't go off in 2H. Any advice on how to troubleshoot this? I haven't run into this problem before.

Edit: Maybe the vacuum switch? Vacuum lines? Disconnect gear?

http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/app_jeep.html

FABULOUSSSSS

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
The whole "problem" I have with the new Jeeps is I just can't see beating the poo poo out of a 30k dollar vehicle.

I'd LOOOVOE to have a new JK but I'd piss myself when I took it through some tight crevasse and crunched a panel or something.

With my YJ I don't owe any money and I don't flinch when I beat the gently caress out of it. I couldn't fathom that making a 350+ car payment on a brand new jeep and really using it.

Also the computer is in the closet. Air, fuel, spark. No CPS, ECM, SOL, WTF to poo poo the bed.

It's simple and I can beat the gently caress out of it and not really sweat it. Other than that I'd have a JK in a heartbeat.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Does anyone know how to remove the front fenders off a YJ? BESIDES a sawzall? I think there are 3 bolts in the front and maybe 4 in the back to the firewall? Anyone know for sure. I need to know, for, um, science.

Why?

because.

They need a bit of work before I put them on, but they will act as a temporary solution until I can weld up the real deal.

Tossed_Salad_Man fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 26, 2008

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
The thing about stuffing bigger tires isn't the clearance or the rub it's the timebomb in the rear axle. Unless it's a 44 or a 8.25 then supersize your tires all day long, but I've seen pics where people were driving on pavement, backing out of driveways and the d35 grenades.

A pet peeve of mine is the people who have the lifts, and tires and umpteen billion dollars of poo poo with that D35 sitting under there ticking away, and they look at ME like I'M the fag because of my shackle lift and 31's. I don't really like getting into much more than moderate stuff as I have my jeep because I'm afraid of that cocksucker making GBS threads the bed.

It's a gamble, there are some people who never have a problem with the 35 ever, and there are guys who have spent untold fortunes buying replacement parts and gears.

A story:

A while back, my buddy coerces me into going to uwharrie. We get down there and are getting the ticket/pass thing and this place is filled with jeeps and offroad vehicles. This group of 2 TJs pulls in with the shiny wheels and lifts and one had 34s the other had 33s. Shiny paint, really pretty jeeps.

They come out and one of em says, you gonna take that beater up on the trails? I told them that was the plan, douchebag says good luck with that brah, and him and his gaggle of twats pile in the pretty jeeps and drive off one of em saying what a piece of poo poo.

Several hours later there are the 2 pretty jeeps blocking the trail. There sat the jeep with the 33s with the rear drivers wheel on its side with the shaft pointing to the sky. The thing was it wasn't even a really difficult section, just this huge rear end hole that you drive through, and possibly could have gone around.

I stop and walk up and ask the one jeep if he can pull in front of or behind the broken jeep to clear the trail. Suddenly these guys found manners and are asking if I have tools or "know how to fix this".

I tell them they hopefully just need a new shaft and that I didn't have one. That maybe someone with a jeep has the parts and would be willing to fix/show them how to fix it. I then said the easiest fix would be to get a better axle or smaller tires, and then I drove off in my piece of poo poo beater.

I would love to pop a 3.5-4 inch lift on and run 33s or so, but I have 3.07s in a D35 and that would be nothing but pain and tears. BUT GODDAMN IT WOULD LOOK TUFF AS gently caress.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

CommieGIR posted:

Dicks on the trail can ruin your day. I run D35s but I do not oversize my tires, and even if I do they won't be too large, I rather like the stock look.

I'm running 3.73s any major difference between the D35 3.07 and the 3.73s gear ratio?

Hills are a loving laff a minute with the 3.07s. The 8.8 I have is 3.55 and I ALMOST considered just bolting it in, since technically it'd work just tweak the springs in a hair. Also I have the TF999 3 speed auto.

I haven't decided on 4.10 or 4.56 when I do swap.

If I could find one in decent shape at a good price I'd get an AW4 and get the manual shifter kit for it, then I'd at least have OD.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Ford 8.8 is an awesome swap. Or a D44, but the 8.8 is a huge increase in strength, it's weak point is the carrier which is remedied by a locker (not a lunchbox locker). I got my 8.8 for 200 bucks, cut from an abandoned 2000 explorer, and it is in wonderful shape, the only bad thing is it's 3.55 not 4.10s. There are 4.10 8.8s out there, but most junkyards seem tho think they contain gold.

Also it's a good idea to weld the tubs of the 8.8 just to add a little extra beef.

If you bolt in a 8.8 SUA the rear sits 5/8" lower because of the difference in tube diameter, which can be remedied by getting 5/8" lift shackles and normal up front.

I obviously know more about the 8.8 swap, I'm pretty sure it's stronger than the 44, but the 44 would bolt directly in no mods. I chose the 8.8 because of the price and how I came about getting it.

Also I haven't decided on SUA or SOA since I have a leaf sprung YJ. 8.8s can also go in TJs.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

CommieGIR posted:

That joke about getting M35 1 ton axles is less of a joke now...

I am actually considering doing it now, their overall strength really outweighs their cost and weight increase.

Granted, I'd have to lift the Cherokee up 8" and get custom driveshafts, but it looks cool and makes you a little more bottom heavy

pirate4x4 is full of jeeps with 1 tons. I love that goddamn place. Buggies and jeeps with ridiculous modifications that can crawl up sheer walls, usually there are lots of rockwells for sale there, I've looked at them and thought "hell I'd need a new motor to turn them bitches".

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
I'll see if I can find the pic of the TJ that had the drivers side wheel shoot out of the rear axle while driving around a corner in a residential area.

While I'm looking here is a D35 uh oh.

8.8 vs D35

Tossed_Salad_Man fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 1, 2008

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Heres the thing about most 4x4s. People get a new 4wd and think, I can go ANYWHERE. The way most 4wd works is the wheel with traction does not turn, the loose/free wheel is the one spinning. Most 4wd is not ALL 4 wheels turning.

If you are not careful you will wind up with 2 wheels not turning and 2 wheels spinning like mad, kicking up mud or air depending on how you are stuck.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

Keep this in mind and you should be okay 90% of the time.

As for the sway bars to get max articulation you would want to look into sway bar disconnects, which range from 75 to 500 dollars depending on how much you wanna spend and how adjustable you want them, if at all. I can't imagine the sway bar needing to be replaced, maybe the mounts/bushings, or it could have been turned in with out one, since some jeep people toss the sway bars all together.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?cv=200&cn=Sway+Bar&c=127&pg=1

Larger tires are put on to allow the tire to roll over larger obstacles instead of wedging into or against them, and bigger is usually wider so you get more flotation.

That jeep looks pretty good. If you think you'll wanna do some offroading those side steps will grab every rock, tree, and baby on the trail.

The front bumper plastic insert things on the ends will probably wind up bashed in/off.

The dealer tag on front will eventually wind up pushed under the front bumper.
(if you didn't remove it as soon as you got home)

Go look at where it was parked. look for oil drips. Coming from a dealer they probably brake cleaner spray the poo poo out of it, so if there are no drops, look underneath, where the engine meets the transmission. Look for fresh oil there. 4.0s eventually leak oil from the rear main seal. MAYBE the dealer fixed it. Hell, ask about the rear main seal.

As for me 11k seems a bit high. But it is coming from a dealer, so you might have better chances if you find some part has poo poo the bed. If you check the assorted jeep forums you could find a better deal on one with mild to loving insane "mods".

Also check Car Max.

Also I'm cheap. But I've sen some pretty nice TJs for around 7-9k that would come with a lot of the poo poo I would wind up putting on one anyway.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=902935

Tossed_Salad_Man fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 2, 2008

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Never buy a jeep at the beginning of a model year.

87 YJ still figuring out what the gently caress they were gonna use on this thing.
97 TJ some electrical problems and a few other transitional problems.
07 JK some of these burst into flames while driving down the road.

Sure the 07 has recalls to to fix any problems but so far Jeep has stayed true to the beginning model year woes.

If you wanted a YJ I'd say 92-95 w/ 4.0 a TJ Id say 00-04 /w 4.0.

As for mounting dollar amounts.

JEEP

Just Empty Every Pocket
or
Jeeps Eat Every Penny

With a TJ a BB and some 31's would be awesome. Throw an aussie locker up front, and BAM. awesome. (ps sway bar disconnects)

As soon as I get my diamond plate cut and sent back to me I'll be posting about my cheapo home brew tube fenders.

Will regular metal blades on a sawzall cut through 3/16 inch steel? Will I need lots of blades? I do not have access to plasma.(I have to shorten my rocker guard/sliders)

Tossed_Salad_Man fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 3, 2008

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

Rhyno posted:

I said not huge lift! There's a guy driving around town with a towering Cherokee that looks like it's going to tip over at every turn. I'm not looking to add much more than an inch or two to my ride height. Upgraded suspension is planned as well, probably in the fall.
Something I forgot to ask before, as I've never bought new wheels before ever are there brands I should avoid? What would you recommend in new wheels?

My old 91XJ.

It had a Pro Comp 2" lift, which was new coils up front add a leaf in the rear. It rode like a tank, but that's why pro comp is called pro crap. Those were AR outlawIIs and BFG 30.9.50s. Ramsey winch and bumper/grille guard.

As for wheels go to 4wd.com or quadratec and look at the wheels there. Since most are jeep centric. I think the pattern should be 5x5.5.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
I'm wondering if anyone saw THE HAPPENING?

The wrangler scenes in that movie.

QUICK COVER THE VENTS. Like the little slit in the top was HOW the magic crazy pollen got to them. I actually exclaimed AWWWWWW gently caress YOU at that.

THEN that motherfucker chirped a wheel in 2nd, before he crashed into the tree and was thrown through the windshield.

um, AIRBAGS?

gently caress spoilers cause that loving shitpile sucked fetid assholes.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

CommieGIR posted:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy another American take on a Japanese horror film that ALREADY sucked before being made American.

Even if I could suspend ALL disbelief in this movie, once they said cover the vents in the jeep as if that would miraculously seal all outside air from getting in, I just couldn't go on. I think if you sealed a wrangler completely with and then filled it up with that expanda-foam stuff it would STILL have air seeping in from somewhere.

That soft top slit was the reason for their doom, not the 300 million different places air would seep into that thing.

ALSO 3 people in the back, that poor bitch was sagging so bad.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
The 4.0 head will fit a 4.2 block. You MAY need to fill in some of the water jackets, in fact the 4.0 head on the 4.2 is an awesome upgrade. There is a company on ebay that sells the modified heads for around 400 bucks.

http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=277013

Tossed_Salad_Man fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 8, 2008

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

ethanol posted:

I'm gonna drive a wrangler (4.0) for the first time today.... any last minute warnings? :killdozer:

check near the bottom rear of the engine and transmission for oil leaks/drips. if you see drips the rear main needs to be replaced.

freshly painted engine/engine bays are many times hiding something.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

ethanol posted:

I have some pretty devastating news. I ran the VIN on the new jeep and it popped up as a 4 cylinder. I then checked that this means THREE numbers on the vin were mismarked if the jeep is a 6 cylinder. The probability of this is pretty low and I honestly didn't think to check the badging. My inexperience with jeep 5 speeds didn't help me determine the power of the engine either.

So I guess this wonder jeep was too good to be true.

:smith:

The 4 cyl is not a TURD per se. You said it was regeared and had plenty of power so there you go. You may squeeze out better mpg than your 6cyl brethren.

Look under the hood, is there a HUGE fan shroud or a small one? If there isn't one, the 4cyl will have space between the radiator and engine to seat a midget family of 4.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

ethanol posted:

This one has not be regeared, that was a sahara I drove two days ago. I'll ask the owner the badging on the car and if he says there are no sport badges, I'm just gonna get my deposit and run elsewhere.

where are you located?

you need to check jeepsunlimited.com jeeps-offroad.com and pirate4x4.com, all of those have listings for TJs for sale, many of which will have some mods, but there are also some that looked drat good and have been well taken care of.

Also have you tried carmax.com?

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

ethanol posted:

I emailed that guy a few days ago. My loan wants a 98 or newer with less than 100,000 miles and he had a dana 35 anyways so I didn't pursue.

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car...ac-4fede3495e51
BAM

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
wasn't sure of your range I thought one was 12k earlier.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
SIDE DRAFT 4.0

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697805

Pirate makes my pants so wet.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
What grit sand paper do I need to rough up paint to prep for rattle can?

What grit to smooth out bondo?

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
I learned on my first Wrangler. In fact up until I test drove it I had only driven a manual vehicle a few times for laughs but understood the concept.

I had the hardest time with starting on hills. I'd say keep practicing, and just get out and drive it. If you can find surface roads with no or few hills try driving around there. I think it's best to just jump in.

Once you get the hang of it you will love it. I kinda wish I had a manual over my 3 speed auto in my current YJ.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

markdown posted:

Where is the best place online to buy parts?

What do you want?

I find 4wd.com usually beats quadratec.com on prices. These 2 have the largest amount of jeep stuff in one place. Then the portals to bonertown.

mountainoffroad.com
atozfabrication.com
metalfusion.com
sniperfab.com
spydercustoms.com
genright.com
rockhard4x4.com

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

Hobo Camp posted:

My next investment is a soft top, however. The hard top is so heavy I've never been able to ride without it, and I really want to. How much should I pay for a soft top? Is craigslist a good place to look or should I just look around LA? I have a wrangler 2004.

You should really really REALLY get a bestop. They DO cost, but you can not beat one. You can read forums where people buy steel horse or pavement ends or other brands and have leaking problems. I have NEVER had a bestop leak ever. If you can finds a used one they are generally okay. If you find a used bestop you can always order replacement paers or windows/door kins etc.

bestop supertop or sunrider (sunroof soft top)

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
I just see in jeep forums where there are always what do you think of %cheaper top, and loads of people come in and berate them or posts of I hate this loving goddamn %cheaper top, because of %problem but then again maybe it's the people.

I do not do maintenance on my bestop supertop and it's doing just fine. My only real gripe is the hardware that makes the door surrounds. The hardware uses plastic bits to connect the two pieces and eventually those wear out. For some reason on my old jeep and now on my current jeep the plastic piece is worn out on the passengers side.

This problem could be fixed by using billet or other metal for the piece instead of plastic.

Lucky for me when I bought my top it came with free replacement windows (after 3 years) so I now have new windows for my top. Next season I'll but a new bow assembly and everything will be almost like brand new again.

What I really want is a Halftop, but I don't have the family cage, why they can't make a half top work on the sport bar beats he poo poo out of me. I'm keeping my eye out for a family cage, but at the same time I really like the sport bar style. My back has a giant tuffy box so no one rides there anyway, unless they sit indian style on the box.

ooof, tangent.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

rubbersoul posted:

Just curious as a prospective Wrangler owner, what kind of gas mileage do you guys get on road/off road? And have (higher) gas prices affected how often you go wheeling, or do you guys just suck it up and have your fun?

Not that terrible gas mileage would really kill me, I drive a '92 Suburban right now and it gets maybe 13 on a lucky day. And even if a Wrangler only gets 13 I'll gladly pay it for the Jeep experience.

carb'd 258 YJ, 3sp auto transmission geared 3.07 hovers around 11mpg. Luckily it is NOT a daily driver.

TJs should be 13-20, but I'd aim low over high.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
LIBERTY on the RUBICON.

As for its specs I have no idea but there it is. Articulation needs just a bit of work.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
If you get a YJ that has the carter carb on it, I can't recommend enough dumping all that poo poo.

Pull all that poo poo off and while you're at it pull the 4wd vacuum poo poo off as well. Get a motorcraft 2100/2150, do a nutter bypass, upgrade to a TFI or HEI ignition, and replace the vacuum actuated 4wd with a cable actuated system.

You have now eliminated nearly 80.334% of the poo poo that gets hosed up on a YJ.

I'd also say forget AC. In YJs if it works you get really really cold kneecaps. My old YJ had it and it could freeze water but it kept a square area of about 3 feet cold.

If you can find one with a hardtop do that as you can always get a soft top later, cheaper than buying a hardtop for a soft topped vehicle.

I love my YJ. It's 20 years old, and the only thing that bothers me about it is that I don't have the money to do everything I want to do to it at once.

The paint is faded, the ride is terrible, but something about it makes me like it better than any other model.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
somewhere out there is a guide on how to upgrade the melted part. I'd check the jeep forums but someone out there makes upgraded poo poo that won't melt. fyi for future......stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Leave the wheel the same size but get the CHAIN/LOVE MACHEEN wheel.