Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burgertime!
Mar 21, 2003

Oh Mr. Hot Dog, what WON'T you do?

The King of Swag posted:

Here we go:

98' Wrangler checking in; 4.0L I6, 5-speed manual, D44 rear and all the other good stuff you could get. As I've said before, this thing can make just driving to the store seem like a huge adventure. That is what is so great about Jeeps.

Sup Chili Pepper Red TJ buddy!

Burgertime! fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Mar 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burgertime!
Mar 21, 2003

Oh Mr. Hot Dog, what WON'T you do?
Welp, it finally happened. After 2 years of debating whether or not to do an axle swap on my TJ, the D35 c-clip broke while I was going around a curve near my house at 2 in the morning.

I was able to hop out fast enough to catch the tire and what was left of the axle shaft as it rolled past the jeep and before it rolled into traffic.

I knew something was wrong with it, and I was trying to nurse it home so I could look at it in the morning, but the axle had other plans.

I don't even wheel the drat thing because I've heard so many horror stories about 35's, and I'm only running 31s. The worst abuse it's ever taken is when I go to my friend's cabin, or when we take GW Nat'l forest to go car camping and kayaking in the summertime.

What makes it even worse is that I actually bought a Ford 8.8 and the bracket kit last month. I was saving up for the SYE, gears, and CV driveshaft to do when the weather improved, but now I'm not sure what to to do, because I need the drat thing driveable in order to get it to my friend's garage where the axle is, which is about 60 miles from here. I'd hate to pay to get it driveable, only to replace the rear anyway in a few months.

Unfortunately, it's not going anywhere unless it's on a flatbed or a trailer.

I can't wait to see what this is going to cost having to do it through a shop.