Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NVaderJ
Oct 27, 2003

OH YEAH? I'M FROM DETROIT(s suburbs)!
Meet my soccer mom special!

I get 13 mpg, but the amount I pay for the lease more than makes up for it. I'll absolutely lease another one if the price is right. I've been nothing but impressed with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NVaderJ
Oct 27, 2003

OH YEAH? I'M FROM DETROIT(s suburbs)!

Tossed_Salad_Man posted:

Do you seriously get 13mpg?

My old 88yj gets 11ish, and I have been trying to figure out how to get that up. In jeep forums you get posts upon posts of guys with 33s and stock gears quoting 21mpg and how they can do moab backwards and never spin a wheel. I know you have to take that poo poo with a grain of salt but every time a mpg thread comes up in a jeep forum you always see people posting with 15 and above.

I try to just let it go and fill up when it's empty but you always wonder if you can't get better.

For the driving I do, yes I get 13 mpg. I drive approximately two miles to work, and I assume that the low speed (speed limit is 25 the whole 2 miles) and four stop signs conspire with cold Michigan winters to keep my fuel economy in peak-oil-inducing levels. On longer trips I get up around 17-17.5 on the highway.