Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

sponge would own me in soccer :(
Last week I got gifted a '68 CJ5. Used to be the "family jeep" and was at the beach house, but since my dad isn't really into cars or anything and was getting tired of it decided to gift it to me for my 24th birthday :)

Currently it's at the mechanic to fix some brake and overheating issues, I'll post some pics in some days and probably some questions sooner or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

BEEP, BEEP!

First car, first jeep, a '68 CJ5.
As I said some posts ago it used to be the family jeep and my dad wanted to get rid of it and sell it, but instead he decided to gift it to me on my birthday :)

Some pics:

urgay lol

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Steiler Drep posted:

Sup latin american jeep buddy? Esta bien lindo el carro, felicidades!

I don't know about Uruguay, but here in Costa Rica rust is a huge problem. My '90 YJ isn't all that rusty, only some on the front bumper and on the front floor, which I just finished sanding and painting some anti-corrosion solution there. But really besides doing this, what else keeps everything rust-free? I'm planning on repainting the WHOLE floor, but I'm unsure for the chassis. Eventually I want to either add a rubber mat covering the whole interior or just repaint it, but if it's the rubber mat, how would it avoid being a rust trap below?

It isn't that huge, but it's still a problem. Until now this jeep used to be just across the beach for 5 years so it's pretty rusted now. Sooner or later I'll have to do something about it.