Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Decades ago I took a class on C++ and mostly goofed around with it, making choose your own adventure style text programs with some random numbers generated to give variety to outcomes. I have totally forgotten how to code and have no idea where to start to learn how to do that sort of thing again. I'm not looking to go pro, just dabble as a hobby and at best create a program to automate some rng tables for D&D as a novelty that I can add homebrew stuff in here and there as I come up with it and maybe have it save that stuff between sessions since my note-taking is atrocious.

Should I bother with C++ or try learning something newer since I've basically forgotten it all? How would I get started with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I'll find one of those "python for complete dumbasses" books and get to it.