Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Desdinova posted:

Is there any more news of the spinoff film yet?

There is no spin-off film, unless they're going to do it without David Chase and especially James Gandolfini, who refuses to play Tony ever again. And Chase has said about as much in many interviews and the Sopranos book.

Besides, why the gently caress would you want one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ishamael posted:

Yeah, I can't see a movie wrapping things up at this point. Plus Chase has explicitly said "no".

Not to mention that they've dismantled all the sets, sold off all the props and both the club that stood in for the Bada Bing and the storefront that stood in for Satriale's have been torn down.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

jerkstore77 posted:

What specifically was sold? I would've loved to get a Satriale's Pork sign to hang up or a pole from the Bing. I can't imagine what that would go for.

I don't have archives, but there was a Craigslist link in one of the older Sopranos threads from last summer. They did it in Queens near the Silvercup Studios and it was very low-key so there wouldn't be a sudden mob of thousands of people. I didn't even find out about it until the day before and by then it was too late to try and get out there. It was a lot of furniture from the houses and Nuovo Vesuvio, signs and furniture from Satriale's and the Bing, some clothing, etc. And at one point in the fall, TMZ advertized that Tony's Suburban was up for sale, complete with Gandolfini's signature on the dashboard and the smell of cigar smoke.

And if you're a big enough fan that you would've grabbed some of the props, then reading this is a necessity.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ishamael posted:

I have used a couple of their recipes and they were delicious. A lot of them are too expensive to make practically though. But its worth looking it over at the bookstore at least.

Unbeknownst to either of us, my fiancee had gotten me the Sopranos Family Cookbook for Christmas while I had gotten her the Entertaining with the Sopranos book. I guess you could say we're a little obsessed.

But yeah, Ishmael is pretty spot on about the cookbook, and the entertaining book has a bunch of new recipes and pretty good advice and ideas for throwing parties. If you have the cash to burn and like the recipes, I'd say they're both worth it.

EDIT:

discstickers posted:

Sweet. I didn't know about that. Ordered :c00l:

Just make sure it's the book I linked to and not the one with the all-red cover that was released around the same time that season 6.1 aired. The Complete version is a lot more in-depth and includes the cast talking about their characters in their own words, an interview with David Chase about the final episode and details the making of an episode from the inception of the season's storyline by Chase to the editing and selecting the music for every scene.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 21, 2008

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ishamael posted:

I am letting a friend borrow all the seasons at the moment, he has never seen any. It's really cool to see all the stuff happening through his eyes. He is totally hooked on the show, and he is coming up on Pine Barrens, which I know will blow him away.

(and then provide years of torment as to the fate of the Russian, hehehe)

I think "Pine Barrens" seperates those who get the show from those who don't. Anyone still asking about the Russian by the fourth or fifth season are usually of the latter.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Popcorn posted:

So am I the only guy whose favourite Sopranos moments are to do with Chris in acting classes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxKI4DuZp7c

I wish I could find a clip of that scene where he gets really into the scene and gets really emotional...

The only other scene from Christopher's acting classes I could find is his improvisation where he tells the guy reaching for his gun, "Whoa, what are you doin'? You're droppin' your fuckin' oranges!"

And one of my favorite Christopher scenes is his intervention. I can't imagine many other shows that would've been able to pull off something like that so well.

jerkstore77 posted:

My favorite moment is the scene with Paulie and the gardener.

The absurdity of Paulie wheeling away the lawnmower as collateral and slamming it in his trunk gets me every time.

The entire Feech/Paulie landscaping war is absolutely loving hysterical.

Feech beats down landscaper

Paulie does the gardeners

Paulie has it out with Feech

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Desdinova posted:

I don't particularly care either way, for me the series ended perfectly, but I heard a lot of rumours about a spin-off film.

If one was created, there's a lot left open that could make a spin off work.

But as I said, the sets have all been torn down, two of the locations no longer exist, and all the props have been sold off. As well as the two most important people involved stating that they are done with the show. Regardless of what storylines have been left open, which is debatable anyway, it would be impossible. I'm sorry to come off like an rear end in a top hat, but half the people that talk about the Sopranos now keep saying the same thing, "Oh, they just did that for the movie"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

paulie walnuts posted:

Good to see you back.

And Ishmael, I figured maybe you'd like to add these to the OP.

Sopranos Killings - Season 1

Sopranos Killings - Season 2

Sopranos Killings - Season 3

Sopranos Killings - Season 4

Sopranos Killings - Season 5

Sopranos Killings - Season 6.1

My only complaint is that a few of the murders in the season 1 compilation are out of order. Well, that and the fact that I couldn't find one for season 6.2.

And of course, there's always "Get a mop"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

jerkstore77 posted:

Did they ever say how Paulie got the nickname "Walnuts"?

It's mentioned sometime in the first season, if I'm not mistaken. Paulie kept bragging about a truck full of electronics he was going to hijack, and when he finally got it back to the warehouse, it was full of walnuts.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ishamael posted:

Any link to that? I can't remember his ringtone at all.

It's hard to describe. It's a series of beeps that make an unrecognizable tune, and Tony had it right up until the last episode, even though it sounds like a tone from 1998.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

discstickers posted:

Wasn't it one of the default RAZR tones?

I think even earlier than that. He's had it since at least season four, which was back in 2002, and I don't think Razor phones have been out that long. Besides, most of the tones on Razor phones are comprised of a few different sounds to create a tune, rather than just a series of the same beeps with different pitches.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

jerkstore77 posted:

EDIT: Speaking of ringtones does anyone know what Paulie's was when his phone rang during the Cleaver premiere?

I just watched that part again and it sounds like "Cecilia" by Paul Simon.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pogue_Mahone posted:

Ive just started watching all of the series again. Up to end of season 2. gently caress, I forgot how good season 2 is...

What's interesting is that both the first and second seasons were each supposed to be the "last" season. In the Sopranos book, Chase mentions that first season as mostly self-contained, and if you go back and watch it again, it is for the most part. He described the story as "a man, his mother and his uncle" and that by the end, the mother and uncle had pretty much been taken out of the picture, and it would've ended well. However, the success made it so the second season was a must, and necessitated the addition of Richie Aprile and the closure of the Big Pussy storyline, which the audience was originally supposed to be left wondering about at the end of the first. And again, at the end of the second season, both of those storylines came to a close and, aside from Tony's arrest over the stolen plane tickets from the Scatino bust-out, everything was more or less taken care of. I guess that's why they used that montage at the end of the episode that went over all the areas of the Soprano family business empire, as it would've made a fitting ending to the show. I further guess that's why the third season seemed like a restart, especially with Nancy Marchand's death.

Food for thought.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

coronaball posted:

"Join the Club" was on A&E last night and I remembered two things that I never figured out.

1. Did we ever figure out who was the voice of Tony's wife in the dream sequence?

2. What was the symbolism of the monks?

1. If you watch it again, you'll notice that each time he talks to his wife on the phone, which is twice, it's a different voice. I could be wrong on this, but my fiancee and I both swear that it was Gloria Trillo the first time, and Valentina the second.

2. What Ishmael said.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ishamael posted:

Hehe, what was that thing that Carmela was going on and on about that she had on the endtable that she was bragging about how much it cost?

It was the same vase/ornament that Carmela threw at Tony (and hit the wall) in the sixth season episode "Chasing It" during the screaming fight about his gambling and money in general, when he told her "When I'm gone you can live in a dumpster for all I care!"

And the episode you're referring to is "Everybody Hurts" in the fourth season. Like AJ, she has no idea how wealthy this girl's parents are, so she's bragging as usual.

"That's a (something) figurine, I don't even want to tell you how much it cost."

She goes to walk away, then turns back.

"Three thousand dollars."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
In other news, Lillo Brancato Jr. aka Matthew Bevilaqua (also DeNiro's son in 'Bronx Tale') was cleared of murder and burglary charges today.

CNN.com - 'Sopranos' actor acquitted in cop killing

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

KillRoy posted:

Did anything ever come from Paulie's "3 a.m." theory from that psychic in Season 2?

It was Christopher that told Tony and Paulie about "3am". While he was under anesthesia during surgery after getting shot, and temporarily died, he dreamed that hell was an Irish bar where it was St. Patrick's Day 24/7, and Brendan Filone and Mikey Palmice told Christopher that they had a message for him, Tony and Paulie. Paulie ended up going to the psychic because Christopher's story was bothering him and the psychic started talking about someone Paulie had whacked years ago.

"loving queers!"

*throws chair at ghosts*

As far as anything ever coming of "3am", I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Christopher was pronounced dead at 3am.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Well, they're getting a whole bunch of free publicity for the box set between murders and suicides.

Speaking of which, I got mine for Christmas, and it's beautiful.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ishamael posted:

Anyone else see Silvio in the new World of Warcraft ads?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXeyYdGoLCU

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed they didn't do what they did with the previous ads and have an in-game character that looks like him.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MrBling posted:

I just picked this up from the post office today:

Click here for the full 600x700 image.

I decided to take advantage of the weak british pound and ordered the complete Sopranos and complete series of The Wire for what amounts to a total of about €190.

I haven't actually seen Sopranos beyond the first run through, so it is going to be good to watch it again.

Is that a Europe version or a bootleg? It looks completely different from the actual box set.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm fairly certain they did that on purpose. When the commercials started airing a few years ago, everyone was asking if that was really Uncle Junior dancing to "We Like to Party" And I mean loving constantly.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ishamael posted:

Sorry, man. There isn't going to be a movie.

David Chase has said he'd rather not do a movie. James Gandolfini said he does not want to do a movie at all, and besides, he's happier with his theatre work*. The set for Satriale's was torn down, the strip club that was used for the Bada Bing has been torn down. All the props, including things like vehicles, have been sold off at several auctions. Not to mention there weren't too many characters left by the end of the series. Asking for a movie would be asking for a huge let-down.

* I saw James Gandolfini along with Jeff Daniels, Marcia Gay Harden and Hope Davis in "God of Carnage" on Broadway two months ago. Absolutely hysterical show and very deserving of it's three Tony awards for Best Play, Best Actress (Marcia Gay Harden) and Best Direction. It was originally supposed to end in late July, but it's been extended to November, so I highly recommend seeing it while you can.

Anyway, my wife and I waited outside the stage door afterwards (we do this with every play we've seen; we talk to the actors, take pictures with them, have them sign our posters, etc) and James Gandolfini is probably the most down-to-Earth "celebrity" I've ever met. My wife asked to take a picture with him, so he grabbed the digital camera out of my hand, stood next to her and attempted to take a few pictures holding it out in front of him. However, the camera we have doesn't immediately show the picture that's just been taken, so he took about five of them, each time looking at the screen and laughing. Finally he asked "What the gently caress is wrong with this thing?" and handed it back to me to take the picture. So I have a picture of my wife with James Gandolfini, and a few pictures he took of the sidewalk, the sky and someone's legs. Oh, and he signed some woman's chest who practically fainted.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Crazy685 posted:

Yikes I never really considered Carmella a "house-wife whore"

I think he meant that as one complete term, rather than a housewife and a whore. There were plenty of times through out the series where she would want to find out about something (Adrianna) or get away from Tony and it was always some sort of gift or favor that stopped her. Whether it be the emerald ring or the fur coat or the Porsche "Like the Pepper!" or the spec house or leaning on the building inspectors, she always got what she wanted somehow, regardless of what she knew or must have known was done in order for those things to happen.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
'Sopranos' actress dies at 46 - CNN.com

Ginny Sack got whacked by the Big C.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Tactical Grace posted:

And he wasn't down for beating on black guys on bikes. But there was a time where it was feasibly possible.

When was this? AJ was consistently shown as being naive, almost stupid and a coward. He was also a joiner and not a leader, as evidenced by every time he got in trouble at school, when he would just go along with whatever the other assholes were doing, whether it be stealing the Communion wine or vandalizing the pool. The kid was afraid of spiders, he didn't know what gutters were and he could never understand or deal with anything that wasn't specifically spelled out or handed to him.

Watch that scene in "Proshai, Livushka" where Meadow is trying to get him to understand the Robert Frost poem.

"So this is a Thanksgiving poem!"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ishamael posted:

The scene with the gutters is one of the funniest scenes in the whole show.

Anytime Tony would get exasperated over something relatively minor was hysterical.

"Motherfucking goddamn orange peel beef!"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
This past Wednesday night's episode of Top Chef had the elimination challenge at the legendary Rao's in East Harlem for an Italian family-style cuisine challenge. Frank Pellegrino, who took charge of the place after Vincent Rao died, was there, dined along with the judges. You might recognize him as Frank Cubitso, the FBI agent in charge of the Jersey organized crime division.

Also, Lorraine Bracco was there, but holy poo poo. As good an actress as she is, I couldn't stand being around her for very long. She's loud, overbearing and constantly laughs uproariously at her own jokes. Oddly enough, she wasn't promoting her wine this time.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There's the beginning of "The Test Dream" when Tony jumps out of bed and starts crawling across the floor because Carmine Sr. is laying next to him.

Carmine: I'm lonely, I miss my Violet!

Tony: What violin?!

Also, in "Pine Barrens" there's the scene where Christopher sees Paulie's been eating Tic-Tacs while he's been outside the van trying to call Tony. It's even funnier if you've watched the episode before, because you can see them in Paulie's mouth a few minutes before Christopher realizes it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's also what causes him to try and burglarize Minn Matrone's place. Earlier in the episode he has that blow-up with Sil over the fact that Ally Boy Barese (acting capo of the Barese crew) is bringing in three to four times as much as Paulie is. After he realizes Carmine hasn't the slightest loving clue who he is, he remembers Cookie's comment about Minn not having a bank account and keeping all her money in the mattress.

I know the scene is supposed to be brutal and depressing, but it's one of the most satisfying murders on the show. I felt bad for Paulie's mother every second she was on the screen and Minn just treated her like poo poo. So yeah, it was one of the few (maybe only) times I was rooting for Paulie.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He's a goddamn hothouse flower, that's his problem.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Kevyn posted:

Tony walks into the back room of the Bing...

"Busy out there?"
"Bachelor party. Some rear end in a top hat just slipped on a lime wedge."

There was a similar scene where Sil walks into the back room of the Bing and Tony asks where he's been because "Christie fell off her shoes".

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
See, the problem is that people keep watching this show in the context of "What I would do if I were a mob Boss" and not "What I would do if I were this kid's cousin/uncle/father figure". You need to look at in that way, especially considering what Christopher's true dreams were, or else you're conforming to the same "rules" and "traditions" of a morally bankrupt organization that's destroyed hundreds of lives, just on this show itself.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

bobkatt013 posted:

He also had a choice before he was made to leave the mafia for screenwriter and he choose to stay.

Yes, but Tony gave him a pretty terrible ultimatum.

"In exactly ten minutes I'm going to look up. If you're not here, I'll assume you went to find whatever the gently caress it is that's calling you out there, and I never want to see you again. If you are still here, then I'll assume you got no other desire in the world than to be with me, and your actions will reflect that every loving day. Don't say anything, take the ten minutes."

Tony was a big brother/father figure to Christopher, had been his entire life and pretty much the only person he had in that role being that his father was killed when he was really young. Tony basically told him "Follow your dreams and I want nothing to do with you ever again. Continue in this miserable life and I'll be here for you as I always have"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've always liked in season 3 when Tony confronts Carmela in the driveway about the pulp content of the orange juice.

"This says 'with pulp'"

"You like it with pulp"

"Not this much. I like it when it says 'SOME pulp'"

And she responds by throwing the phone at him. Then AJ gets home from his trip to Washington DC and finds the phone in the driveway.

"...somebody drop this?"

I still find that scene hilarious.

EDIT: Found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMppEcSRAbM

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There's an exchange between Tony and Junior that takes place at Livia's funeral that cracks me the gently caress up.

Junior: They're dropping like flies.
Tony: It's all that charcoal-broiled meat you people ate.
Junior: (with a genuine shock and concern) Nobody told us until the eighties!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There's something else that figured into the murder of Christopher that I've touched upon before elsewhere.

A lot of season six also deals with fathers/father figures and Tony's realization that these men are responsible in a lot of ways for how he became Tony Soprano. In fact, in the second half of season six, almost each episode deals with one of them, while Tony's actual father looms in the background. You have Hesh, Paulie and finally Junior.

You also have Dickie Moltisanti, who was more of a big brother figure, but I think fits in. Tony Idolized Dickie, as shown in his speech to Melfi about Christopher and 'Cleaver' in "Stage 5". At one point he describes his relationship with Dickie by comparing it to the one he has with Chrissy as "He was like my me to him". And when Melfi offers "A mentor?" Tony responds "Yeah, but more than that, he was a guy you could count on, a guy you could look up to. And the hope is that you can pass that poo poo on, the love" while in tears.

I have no doubt that Tony loved Christopher, at least years ago. Maybe even up through season three or four, but it went sour at some point. First the rehab, then Adrianna. But the funny thing is, as Perdido mentioned, Tony callously ignored Christopher's legitimate problems, probably inherited problems, while always using his own depression as an excuse for his actions. What makes it even more baffling is how he idolizes Dickie, while Chris has come to terms with who his father was. And this is what I was getting at in the first sentence.

When Chris finally has his first family barbecue at his new house, Tony almost immediately starts giving him poo poo about the non-alcoholic beer. When Chris tries to tell him it's not that simple to ignore the temptation that's everywhere around him, Tony just spits out "Well make it simple". Then Chris, probably for the first (and last) time decides to be 100% honest and just as abrasive as Tony usually is. First he tries comparing his disease (or as Tony calls it, "I know a crutch when I see one") with Tony's depression, which pisses Tony off. And then he drops the bombshell. "So what about my father?"

Christopher then completely destroys the magnificent (and pretty much unwarranted) image Tony had of Dickie Moltisanti in just a few words. "The booze, the coke, whatever he was squirting into his arm". This was a man that was either in the Navy or in prison for almost the entirety of his marriage to Joanne and then was murdered on his front lawn when Christopher was a toddler. Sure, there are legends of him "taking on an entire crew by himself" but how different is that than the one about Fran Feldstein being JFK's "regular girlfriend"? And then finally, Christopher tells Tony, "Let's face it...Dickie Moltisanti...your hero, my father...he wasn't much more than a loving junkie".

So think about it this way. Not only did Chris topple Tony's idol fairly dismissively, he also compared Dickie to himself rather unfavorably. Also, and this is important, there's no longer a reason for Chris to feel indebted to Tony. Whether Barry Haydu was actually the cop that shot and killed Dickie no longer matters, because if Chris doesn't give a poo poo about his father, why would he care that Tony allowed him to avenge his murder? That was probably the last thing Tony felt he could hold over Christopher if he needed to. There's also the fact that Tony may have harbored a nasty jealousy that Christopher was able to see through the bullshit and discard the legend of Dickie while Tony continued to protect the legacy of Johnny Boy Soprano right up through the last episode.

I'm afraid I'm starting to ramble, so I'll stop now.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 31, 2012

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Stark posted:

So a few episodes into Season 3 and I'm starting to get concerned. The product placement is getting conspicuous to the point of being a detriment to the show.... Do they tone it down or is it all downhill from here?

David Chase at one point addressed the product placement, saying something along the lines of "we're just being realistic" and I think he's right. There's a scene where an FBI agent/handler is in a car with one of the informants and says "Do you need batteries for that thing? (meaning his wire) Let's go over to Office Depot" being that it's down the road. In a real life conversation, that's exactly what you would say, not "Let's go over to generic store".

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Probably the biggest argument against paid product placement is a specific scene in the last episode. I'll spoiler it because this guy is apparently working his way through the show for the first time.

Phil's death. There are at least three shots where the Ford logo all but fills the screen. First the grille, then the steering wheel, then the hubcap. All the while it's as if they're pointing out a design flaw in the vehicle where if you happen to exit while it's still in Drive, you'll be locked out as it continues to move. Then it rolls over and crushes a man's head while his wife watches and his grandchildren are inside. If Ford paid for that, they got fuuuuucked.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Banana Yaya posted:

That bothered me as well, but after reading that long-rear end "patricide"-interpretation it sort of made sense that Tony would develop a self-destructive obsession with the very thing his father always cautioned him against - i. e. gambling.

Also ignoring the "A man always pays his debts" speech his father gave him after Tony witnessed Johnny Boy and Junior cutting off Satriale's thumb. And even more pertinent, he ignored a rather large debt to Hesh, one of his father's best friends and a father-figure to Tony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Crazy685 posted:

Hesh's girlfriend dying was very confusing. I always assumed they had her killed but he was such a good friend of Tony's I wrote it off. I thought he started paying off Hesh?

Her death was a little sudden, but not out of the realm of possibility. My uncle's fifth wife (don't ask) died suddenly one day while mowing the lawn and she was in fairly good health. Just dropped dead from a previously undiagnosed congenital heart defect.

And Tony was paying off Hesh, but reluctantly and going out of his way to humiliate him every time. And then he brings Bobby and someone else (I forget who) along to invite Hesh "out to see a boat" when it's obvious they were there as an intimidation tactic. And Tony only finally paid the entire debt once Renata (I forget how to spell it) passed away, which was a terribly rear end in a top hat thing to do.

And it wasn't so much Tony's legitimate expenses going up as his frivolous purchases. Hesh talks at length in "Chasing It" about Tony spending much more recklessly and how he hasn't taken his financial advise in a long time. The boat that cost several million and had no resale value, etc.

Also, the gambling didn't start in that episode, it was referenced in the several episodes preceding it. It seems as though it started sometime between the last episode of season 6.1 and "Soprano Home Movies". One scene in particular that sticks out is Tony making a $100,000 bet on some game (with his own money) while waiting for Little Carmine to meet him in "Stage 5".

• Locked thread