Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Word to the wise: remember Pearl Harbor

loving Paulie haha

watching this for the first time, this episode is so sad :( I'm sure Tony arranged for Buscemi to get that money to lure him back into the mob, this is so tragic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

RichardDunn posted:

Wait, seriously? I totally did not make that connection

I haven't watched the rest of the series yet, but to me it is too big a coincidence that someone happens to drop a bag full of cash right into the lap of an ex-mobster.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Ade... :(

"loving oval office" man, Silvio is like the nicest of the bunch on the surface but he's actually cold as gently caress.

Plus she had an IBD like me (or was it an IBS she had?)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Vito went from a background character of sort to one of my favorite characters, very interesting plotline, I feel terrible for him, but he's also shown he was cold blooded murdered many times, so eh.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Man, what a way to go, Chris. This last half season feels weird because Chrissy went out before things started to heat up between Tony and Phil (I'm guessing this is how poo poo is going to go down, I haven't seen it yet).

He pretty much out on a whimper, not a bang, but I don't mean that in a negative way, to me it reflects his status as a fuckup in Tony's eyes, he had so much promise but wasted it all.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Thought my dvd player crashed or something at the end eh.

I can see how the ending was controversial, I'm not sure what to make of it right away, but I'm not disappointed.

I'm a bit disappointed AJ and Meadow's storylines took up so much time in the final episodes, those always were the least interesting bits to me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Holy poo poo I'm watching an episode of Stargate Atlantis starring Bobby Baccala and Phil Leotardo as two poker players.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

pentyne posted:

The episode is Vegas. It was a CSI homage or something to celebrate the end of the Stargate series.

That's kind of weird, but pretty cool. :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't bitcoin.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

overtone posted:

I keep forgetting he's gone.

You just reminded me :smith:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Basebf555 posted:

It was partially the way they referred to the food using that pseudo-Italian Jersey terminology. Gabagool and Rigot just sound really really good.

But yea I'm getting an image of Tony shoveling ziti into his mouth and its making me hungry right now.

Ishamael posted:

Maybe this is because my mom's side is all NYC Italian-Americans (and said stuff like moozadell), but I never took those pronunciations as being a sign of uneducated, just part of the hybrid American-Italian language mashup that happened in NY after the huge wave of Italian immigrants in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

So yeah, Italians wouldn't say "rigot" for ricotta, but second-gen Italian immigrants in NY would.

It's funny because it kind of sounded like a Corsican accent to me. We often skip the last vowel and "k" sounds are sometimes pronounced with a "g" sound.

Though maybe I'm the French equivalent of a Jersey Italian :v: I could definitely see some parallel with the Corsican/Italian idealization.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 2, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

kippa posted:

I guess we know how Lithuania feels about the show, they've put a 5 meter tall statue of Tony at a train station in Vilnius.

I have so many questions

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Perdido posted:

Tons of different roles.

Junior plays a judge and a defense attorney
Carmela plays a lawyer,
Artie played both a cop (albeit a crooked one) and a couple of different criminals,
Johnny Sack plays an old school mafioso who has an idiot son (IIRC they even riff on the Sopranos in that episode),
Patsy plays a number of bit roles best one being an angry 'inventor' who was upset that his Magnetic Pigs were ripped off,
Pussy pops up a couple of times, usually as a dumbass mob guy
Phil plays a strip club owner called Jay Z.
Hesh plays a pervy judge who sexually harasses one of the ADAs
Gigi (the guy who dies on the toilet) played the recurring character Profaci...who eventually ended up being a crooked cop with mob ties
Christopher also played a loser limo driver
Charmaine Bucco plays a Lorena Bobbitt analogue and attacks one of the detectives with a frying pan

poo poo that's just scratching the surface, Melfi played in the failed spin-off Trial By Jury.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lorraine Braco voiced a therapist in an episode of Bojack Horseman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
And cousin Josephine

• Locked thread