Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Especially considering he seems willing to go along with her plea with him to go into witness protection with her until he spots that poor family and realizes this will be his future - he'll be a nobody living the rest of his life like a schnook.

I always figured that scene mostly tied into Chris wanting a family of his own and resenting the poo poo out of Adriana for not being able to conceive: To Chris joining witness protection means not just giving up the Soprano family but also any prospect of raising one himself. I think seeing that family at the gas station is what drives this home to Chris and next thing you know he's on the phone with Tony setting Ade up to get clipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I always interpreted that moment was unambiguously intended to comically foretell to Christopher how desperately miserable married would be to him, particularly after years of enjoying the excessive lifestyle of a made man

Oh that's definitely part of it. I mean he's practically stroking his SUV when he catches sight of them and their lovely car.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

thathonkey posted:

That was pretty much the moment i began to hate Tony. As he walks away from the Janice dinner incident, he has such a proud proud look on his face as if he just did the absolute most noble shot ever.

What? He ain't got a right to ask?! He's the boy's uncle! :smug:

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

RichardDunn posted:

I have to bring up this question...I know it's controversial and I'm sure its been discussed to death. But I have to ask everyone's opinion on this issue:

Retirement home or nursing community?
I love when Paulie puts his ma up in Green Grove
"You know, Sil, it's the most expensive nursing home in the state, it's a retirement community.
The level of care. Ma was crying."

Cue Tony looking pissed off and disgusted.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Kemper Boyd posted:

Like Friends did with Joey, Sopranos should have led to a Paulie spinoff.

Well we DID at least get a spinoff about Silvio going into witness protection in Norway :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfRgVbp9gSY

(Just started watching yesterday actually but so far it's a ton of fun)

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

How long was Phil hiding in the motel closet? I wonder if he enjoyed himself in there.

It's probably fair to say that Phil had been in the closet for years at that point.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

crispix posted:

And I still laughed when Tony had to get the tooth out of his trouser leg without AJ's therapist seeing.

The casual "Get a mop" from the wait staff was great too.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Johnny Cakes episodes.
This scene easily redeemed them imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUgHDXOdUos

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Wasn't the girl who played his daughter actually his real life daughter too?

Yeah, and Vic's wife was played by the wife of show creator Shawn Ryan. Which must must be why they were cast because holy poo poo can they not act!

Bringing the conversation back to the Sopranos, I can't really think of a prominent performance that fell through. On rewatches I'm even warming up to Robert Iler's take on AJ.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Bonzo posted:

Yes. And stop getting cunty.

edit: Why is Slava, a Russian, drinking Grey Goose (French) vodka?

We all know Armagnac is the next vodka anyway.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Chromatic posted:

But until he is, it's going to be hard to verify that I think Paulie will be more effective.
I'll be prostate with grief if Paulie doesn't get the big chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Bonzo posted:

Also imagine you're Bobby's kids and you just realize that you're stuck with Janice as your sole legal guardian for the next 10 years.

I imagine the streets of Quebec have room for another Harpo or two.

• Locked thread