Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God, I just watched the brilliant "Pine Barrens" again for the first time in years, and I completely forgot about a concussed Christopher going outside and trying to rub two sticks together - not to make a fire but so he could light his cigarette.

"I'll leave you here you one-shoe cocksucker!"

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Tony walks into the back room of the Bing...

"Busy out there?"
"Bachelor party. Some rear end in a top hat just slipped on a lime wedge."

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

"They had Playstation 2 right in the hotel room!"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I'm confused by what the point was with Tony getting a cancerous growth or whatever removed from his forehead. They spent like two minutes on it and then is never mentioned again.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Bonzo posted:

There's a bee onna your hat

Stupid a-loving game.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

"Mom started going downhill after the World Trade Center. You know Quasimodo predicted all this."
"Who did what?"
"All these problems... the Middle East, the end of the world."
"Nostradamus. Quasimodo's the Hunchback of Notre Dame."
"Oh right. Notre Damus."
"Nostradamus, and Notre Dame. Two different things completely."
"It's interesting though, they'd be so similar, isn't it? And I always thought okay, Hunchback of Notre Dame. You also got your quarterback and halfback of Notre Dame."
"One's a loving cathedral."
"Obviously. I know, I'm just saying. It's interesting, the coincidence. What you're gonna tell me you never pondered that? The back thing with Notre Dame?"
"No!"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I'll leave you here, you one-shoe cocksucker!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

"He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."
"His house looked like poo poo."

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The one where Tony meets his dad's mistress was pretty awful. And the Columbus Day episode.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

So get out of our way
And don't be so gay
We're coming to defile, defile you!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Bonzo posted:

One of Paulie's best Iines "Hasid'em but I don't believe 'em"

"Bupkis. Say bupkis, Paulie"
"What?"
"That's how they say nothing"
"gently caress that. THIS is how I say nothing."
:sotw:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

On the topic of the guy on the stairs, isn't there a similar mysterious old guy in the background at the end of that season during the funeral at Jackie Jr's house?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

haljordan posted:

I always found Carmela's father to be an enormous scumbag.

Well maybe not enormous, but dude was an rear end in a top hat for sure.

I love his outburst at Livia's funeral.

SHE RUINED MY CHRISTMAS.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I don't wanna see you flopping around down there!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Pine Barrens is the funniest hour of TV there is.

Chris: "He's out there somewhere, stalking us..."

Paulie: "With what, his cock?"

I'll leave you here, you one-shoe cocksucker!

Edit:

"Did you wrap the package?"
"Not yet. We were about to, we had a little problem."
"What problem?"
"The package hit Chrissy with an implement and ran off."

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 1, 2013

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

"A Chinaman goes to see the eye doctor. After the exam the doctor says 'I know why you're having trouble.' The Chinaman says 'why?' Doctor says 'you have a cataract.' Chinaman says 'no, I have a Rincoln Continental."
"...."
"You don't get it?"
"I get it, he drives a Lincoln. What?"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Livia's best line...

"I know your father forbids your coming down here."
"He doesn't. Honest. He just doesn't want us ta talk about you in the house."
"Oh, he can go poo poo in his hat."

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

That lovely stand-up comedian who appears a few times refers to him as Paulie Walnuts at Richie's welcome home party at the Bing. Also, when Christopher is hanging out with the D-Girl, he tells her "Walnuts don't lie as good as you."

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I think the HBO website at the time explained Paulie getting his nickname because he once hijacked a truck that was supposedly filled with valuable goods, but when they got it back to the garage and opened it up it was just cases and cases of walnuts.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Selklubber posted:

DEFILER/Visiting Day is the most hilariously awkward poo poo until now. I want more guitar beatdowns and forced heroin use.

E: Adriana is the happiest person in the show, she's just so optimistic and cheery.

Meow.

Thank you, but I've recorded in Denmark.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I've seen every episode of Friends multiple times and I can't recall a single moment when they did that.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah I think that's the same episode where AJ gives her The Matrix on DVD as a birthday gift. Which is hilarious.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Selklubber posted:

Tony really screams while becnhing, take it easy man. And did people who are not doctor really use pagers in 2000? I've never even really seen one!

Yes. They were everywhere for a few years there in the late 90s. I had one until 1999 when I upgraded to a phone.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I also loved how AJ get's busted for vandalizing the school because he left his custom pizza at the scene of the crime.

My pizza never hurt nobody!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Go poo poo in your hat.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Soulprospector posted:

I heard that joke long before the Sopranos ever aired.

There is a boat race and charity ball in Hyannis every year since 1972, called the Figawi Race. The origin of the name is the same as Tony's joke.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

We don't have those bulb jokes. They don't translate.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

End of Season 1, the Feds bring Tony into a room with a cassette player on the table.

"We have something we think you should hear."
"Yeah, The new Springsteen box set, I got it at home."

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah I remember Season 4 getting a lot of hate while it was airing, and looking back, it's still the weak point of the series. Biggest complaint from me is that they turned Furio into :swoon:Furio:swoon:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

My favorite dream episode is "Funhouse", the one with all the weird poo poo on the boardwalk, and Pussy as a talking fish. Probably overall my second favorite episode of the whole series after Pine Barrens.

I don't wanna see you floppin' around down there!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

DeadBonesBrook posted:

As much as I love Chris and his drug fueled theories, Carmela's dad has the best dialogue during Livia's funeral, especially when he shouts at his wife who is trying to shut him up.

"What are you the Minister of Propaganda?"

SHE RUINED MY CHRISTMAS.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

They had Playstation 2 right in the hotel room!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Why is Junior still on house arrest in Season 5? Does that not go away with his mistrial?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Fuckin' Grand Central Station!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

At night, they hit us.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He was gay, Gary Cooper?

Ranger Rick's a little light in the Timberlands.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

kenny powerzzz posted:

I felt like Ritchie dressed (and acted) like he was put on pause while he was in prison, and got out and dressed and acted like no time had passed.

Tony B was the same way.

Artie: "Where's Tubbs?"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

And Tony is buying orange juice when Boyz II Men try to assassinate him near the end of S1.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I like Carm's dad's outburst. SHE RUINED CHRISTMAS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Tony disowns Meadow because she voted for Obama.

• Locked thread