Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
My mentor went AFK. Help me, goons!

Is it bad practice to add a JFrame to another JFrame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.

Internet Janitor posted:

Aafter: Could you explain why you want to do that? If you want a nestable container for other components you probably want to put a series of JPanels in your JFrame.

I just figured it would be simpler. I initialize the first JFrame in main, the second in my JPanel on button press.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.

poemdexter posted:

http://www.deitel.com/Books/Java/JavaHowtoProgram7e/tabid/1191/Default.aspx

I know there's some mixed feelings but I've gone through 2 editions of this book and if you like looking up a topic and seeing code examples EVERYWHERE as well as detailed explanations as to what's going on, then this is the book for you.

The latest editions took away those stupid rear end covers with bugs doing dumb poo poo, but I kinda liked them.

Been working through the nineth edition with my class. I really like it. Its got quite a few exercises at the end that really pound concepts into you.