Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«74 »
Ron Darling
May 27, 2004

petition to goldmine when it's all said and done

also anyone who votes this lower than a 5 is a enjoyable human being who should be burned at the stake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimchuck Spanner
Sep 9, 2001

welp

i honestly feel like every moment in lf has been building up to this thread

Shining Toaster
Sep 26, 2007

It's all boiling over...

Toad on a Hat posted:

petition to goldmine when it's all said and done

also anyone who votes this lower than a 5 is a enjoyable human being who should be burned at the stake

Timothy A. Bear
Mar 1, 2008

by Fragmaster

quote:

Tim, was there any specific inspiration for the "Dr. Aborto" story? Do the Anthropomorphics for Christ interface with the abortion aspect of the story in any particular way, or are they there as a more general affirmation of being a Christian furry?

I drew a few cartoons last year with the Shar-Pei dog characters as abortion docs, so I think (graphically) that's where the idea came from.
Without giving away too much because I'm still sketching out the story, Faithmouse and the gang aren't affirming Christian furries. The furries in my comic are people who pretend to be something they aren't.

quote:

As a Christian and artist, do you find any antecedents in "Christian eroticism?" St. Therese or the Interior Castle, for instance? Or do you think this understanding of Jesus' love couldn't really properly be expressed until the modern age?
Actually it's present starting with Song of Songs, which is an excellent allegory illustrating relationship between carnal and spiritual love. Pope Benedict XVI's Deus Caritas Est made the point that denying carnal expression of God's love is indeed unbalanced. I think if Benedict was writing in a time in which Christianity wasn't at war with secularism, and wasn't the focus of most of his Pontificate, that encyclical would have been recognized as more profound.

Richard M. Nixon
Jun 7, 2006

voting this thread 11

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007

Dan, could I ask for some clarification on this cartoon?

quote:

Disney Channel Hannah Montana star Miley Cyrus performs, and Faith and Timothy wonder if she'll eventually pull a Paris or a Britney (although Timothy's 'concern' is more than partially purient.) This cartoon alludes both to the fact that Miley is a self-professed born-again Christian as well as the recent 'body double' controversy where the young star briefly incorporates a look alike while she changes costume backstage. No big deal that; we used to call it 'show business.'
Is Timothy's prurience directed at Britney, Paris, or Miley Cyrus? If the latter, do you think this falls under the proper realm of God's blessing of sexual desire as well, or is the sphere of blessing not infinitely wide?

Jimchuck Spanner posted:

i honestly feel like every moment in lf has been building up to this thread
I'm happy to have served as a vessel of historical inevitability

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

i want to know whether lacey is gay, whether he's actually religious, and whether he's actually crazy

so dan, how long has it been since you have had the following in your mouth:

a. a hymn
b. a penis
c. a voice that is not your own speaking words in a language you don't know

Jimchuck Spanner
Sep 9, 2001

welp

Oligopsony posted:

Is Timothy's prurience directed at Britney, Paris, or Miley Cyrus? If the latter, do you think this falls under the proper realm of God's blessing of sexual desire as well, or is the sphere of blessing not infinitely wide?

i think they are planning on trying to grab a look at her snatch

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

this is gonna rock

Timothy A. Bear
Mar 1, 2008

by Fragmaster

Foggy posted:

dan lacey what made you decide to start your incredible comeback in LF

A goon asked me to at Poe-news.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Was LF even around when you were posting?

Ron Darling
May 27, 2004

mtwieg posted:

Was LF even around when you were posting?

nope it wasn't

he can be our very own insane artist

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

posting the first two:

Morgan Proctor
Aug 28, 2006

I KNOW FUCK ALL ABOUT NUCLEAR POWER, BUT THAT DOESN'T SHUT ME UP! ALSO, MILLIONS DEAD!

mtwieg posted:

this is gonna already rocks

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Toad on a Hat posted:

nope it wasn't

then it makes sense.

The internet simply wasn't ready for him. He was far too ahead of his time.

The purpose of LF is now known.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte

Hot Rope Guy

Dan Lacey whats your motivation for hanging around POE and SA? Money? Notoriety? The hope you'll influence or convert people?

ps i like your art

Timothy A. Bear
Mar 1, 2008

by Fragmaster

Oligopsony posted:

All. Timothy A. Bear is of indeterminate age, and is also a self-righteous, wishy-washy teddy bear.

Discomancer
Aug 31, 2001

I'm on a cupcake caper!

in popular culture posted:

Dan Lacey whats your motivation for hanging around POE and SA? Money? Notoriety? The hope you'll influence or convert people?

ps i like your art
naked mice don't you read the thread?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006
I shoot my gun and Java be dancin'

dan lacey you are amazing

Infrateal
Aug 4, 2007

this is fantastic

gaybear's necklace looks like a silhouette of a hypodermic. is this accurate?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Toad on a Hat posted:

deep hurting : D&D :: Timothy A. Bear : LF

Timothy A. Bear
Mar 1, 2008

by Fragmaster

I just changed. I still have all my conservative links posted on my site, but if you look through my link and post acknowledgements you'll notice it's pretty rare for a conservative site to post one of my cartoons now.

I've been posting at POE for years and haven't once preached to anyone. I purposefully leave my pro-Chrisitanity cartoons off of sites I post to. I don't argue in political threads. I think my attitude started to change when I committed to Catholicism. Sure, I would like people to be interested in the cartoons; who wouldn't? I think in commissions I've made about fifty dollars during the past two years.

I just had a cock in my mouth last night; I went to Chipotle and ate a chicken burrito.

GayBear's crucifix is actually a San Damiano cross.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

Veinor posted:

loool

dan, you card

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Timothy A. Bear posted:

I just had a cock in my mouth last night; I went to Chipotle and ate a chicken burrito.

Really? They just charge me $5.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Timothy and Toblerone should shack up.

Infrateal
Aug 4, 2007

Timothy A. Bear posted:

GayBear's crucifix is actually a San Damiano cross.

awesome, just looked this up

awesome

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte

Hot Rope Guy

Timothy A. Bear posted:

I just changed. I still have all my conservative links posted on my site, but if you look through my link and post acknowledgements you'll notice it's pretty rare for a conservative site to post one of my cartoons now.

I've been posting at POE for years and haven't once preached to anyone. I purposefully leave my pro-Chrisitanity cartoons off of sites I post to. I don't argue in political threads. I think my attitude started to change when I committed to Catholicism. Sure, I would like people to be interested in the cartoons; who wouldn't? I think in commissions I've made about fifty dollars during the past two years.

Followup question. Which is most accurate:

a) You still want to preach through your cartoons but your subject matter just isn't compatible w/maintream conservatism
b) You still personally have strong faith but no longer care to preach so you might as well enjoy yourself
c) You don't take your faith seriously anymore and that's why you're drawing so many cocks and buttholes

Timothy A. Bear
Mar 1, 2008

by Fragmaster

Code Jockey posted:

loool

dan, you card

For what it's worth, I hate that cartoon.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Veinor posted:

Hi Dan, my question is why did you add an echo effect to the phrase "baked a cake"?

Assuming "baking" is a reference to the attacks of Sept 11 (and not marijuana), why is the ACLU Ferret presenting the cake to Al Qaeda Ferret and not the other way around? Is the implication that 9/11 was an inside job (committed by the ACLU, who are holding both the plane and target) and if so how did such a liberal organization gain sway over this conservative administration?

Going back to the assumption that this is a 'special' cake (laced with marijuana), does the comic represent a covert plot to "free" terrorist minds through drug use, so they will be more passive and open to westernization?

I really like your comic though, so thanks in advance!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Dan, do you in any way regret your vehement support of the Iraq war or your demonization of its opponents? Ditto for your stance in the 2004 election.

Also, could you please provide an explanation of the "666 Cola" cartoon? (I can't find the image myself, unfortunately.)

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

petition to replace all threads with this one

Timothy A. Bear
Mar 1, 2008

by Fragmaster

Followup question. Which is most accurate:

a) You still want to preach through your cartoons but your subject matter just isn't compatible w/maintream conservatism
b) You still personally have strong faith but no longer care to preach so you might as well enjoy yourself
c) You don't take your faith seriously anymore and that's why you're drawing so many cocks and buttholes

Can I pick both B and C?

You know, I draw a lot of pussies too, and tits-

Three recent projects; a miniature portrait of William F Buckley in progess, an ACEO painting of A Bunny With A Pancake On Its Head, and a cartoon of Taint working on stage in a sex club. Hard to see the detail on the first page, but that's the start of a comic wherein Taint masturbates while fantasizing about Barack Obama.

secular darwinism
Apr 19, 2003

Is this what you want them teaching your children?

Timothy A. Bear posted:

that's the start of a comic wherein Taint masturbates while fantasizing about Barack Obama.

this needs to be posted in the obama megathread asap

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Timothy A. Bear posted:

Can I pick both B and C?

Three recent projects; a miniature portrait of William F Buckley in progess, an ACEO painting of A Bunny With A Pancake On Its Head, and a cartoon of Taint working on stage in a sex club. Hard to see the detail on the first page, but that's the start of a comic wherein Taint masturbates while fantasizing about Barack Obama.

holy poo poo

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Timothy A. Bear posted:

a comic wherein Taint masturbates while fantasizing about Barack Obama.

hell yeah

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

Timothy A. Bear posted:

Can I pick both B and C?

There's nothing about this post I don't like

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

gently caress yes this is the best early birthday present ever

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Timothy A. Bear posted:

a comic wherein Taint masturbates while fantasizing about Barack Obama.
yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

In case anyone hasn't already seen it, the Obama pic he's referring to is here:

http://www.faithmouse.com/barack-obama.jpg

«74 »