Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Oligopsony
May 17, 2007

Timothy A. Bear has been kind enough to volunteer his participation in a project I think we're all very excited for:

Timothy A. Bear posted:

Probably not the best idea to start a thread on my own after being banned for a year. However, if someone else would like to I'll be happy to add to it.

So please bring all pertinent questions and art requests (hopefully with money?) for our guest cartoonist!

DVG81 has a good question to start us off:

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

I would also like to hear about what specific concerns/issues inspire Dan in his work and why he decided on this recently more explicit direction (seriously)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007

Tim, was there any specific inspiration for the "Dr. Aborto" story? Do the Anthropomorphics for Christ interface with the abortion aspect of the story in any particular way, or are they there as a more general affirmation of being a Christian furry?

Also here is possible avatar material for all you Obamacans:

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007

Timothy A. Bear posted:

a few statements I believe are true-

God is real, and God is love.

God is the creator of procreation, desire, and eros.

God wants us to be happy.

I like to draw naked mice.

Drawing naked mice makes me happy.

That sounds like a really healthy view on things!

As a Christian and artist, do you find any antecedents in "Christian eroticism?" St. Therese or the Interior Castle, for instance? Or do you think this understanding of Jesus' love couldn't really properly be expressed until the modern age?

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007

Dan, could I ask for some clarification on this cartoon?

quote:

Disney Channel Hannah Montana star Miley Cyrus performs, and Faith and Timothy wonder if she'll eventually pull a Paris or a Britney (although Timothy's 'concern' is more than partially purient.) This cartoon alludes both to the fact that Miley is a self-professed born-again Christian as well as the recent 'body double' controversy where the young star briefly incorporates a look alike while she changes costume backstage. No big deal that; we used to call it 'show business.'
Is Timothy's prurience directed at Britney, Paris, or Miley Cyrus? If the latter, do you think this falls under the proper realm of God's blessing of sexual desire as well, or is the sphere of blessing not infinitely wide?

Jimchuck Spanner posted:

i honestly feel like every moment in lf has been building up to this thread
I'm happy to have served as a vessel of historical inevitability

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007

Dan, have you considered shopping your art around to alternative weeklies, if not something big like the Onion? A lot of them really like humor with a good sense of the absurd, especially stuff that's politically charged.

also

Mr. Blue Sky posted:

oh God yes, me too please

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007

in for the rest of the night

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007

dan would it bother you as a christian if I started worshipping you as god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oligopsony