Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glynis27
Sep 13, 2006
Destroyer of Dreams

Lowclock posted:

It was in northeastern Ohio for about 4 years and Arizona for 2. It doesn't get really heavy use. I probably cycle it like once a day average I'd say. It's a standing model and the drain plug is on the bottom of the tank. I just had to replace the case seal on the motor because it was leaking, but it was always full of oil. No dryer or filter. I was expecting some nasty poo poo but this is ok too!

EDIT: The end of the drain plug was even like perfectly clean when I took it out too. Mystery

I drained my 60gal today and got 1/2gal of very ugly water out. Last summer, when I was using it a lot, I was getting 1/4gal a week. I have a line dryer down stream to keep it out of the tools at least. Any way to keep the water from getting in there in the first place? It's a 60gal oil less Craftsman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glynis27
Sep 13, 2006
Destroyer of Dreams

oxbrain posted:

There are auto drains that do a great job and don't waste too much air. You should still drain at the end of the day, but at least it won't build up as much.

edit: You can keep the water from getting in in the first place, but it's really expensive and not really necessary.

Cool! That should do the trick. I have the compressor installed in the attic of the garage (because it is so drat loud) and draining it is a real bitch. Because of that, I very rarely drain it, like once a year rarely or after heavy use. Ooops.

Glynis27 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 5, 2009

Glynis27
Sep 13, 2006
Destroyer of Dreams
Just wanted to say that I got one of those exhaust cutters someone posted earlier (like a chain with metal discs) and it is the greatest thing ever! No more loud tools or shards of hot metal and rust flying all over the place. Has been making this exhaust build for my Jeep much less horrible. Thanks so much. I was totally dreading it.