Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I've bought a lot of HF air tools with mixed luck.

All of my in-line air tools have worked great being used with wire wheels and cut-off wheels. I also really like my HF air drill; it is the cheapest one they offer but I use it on stainless whenever I can. I keep them well oiled.

My air-powered angle grinders, on the other hand, both stripped their gear boxes in the same week. I also have a 1/2" drive air impact wrench that suddenly lost most of it's torque one day and is now pretty useless.

I like my HF sockets and impact sockets. One of my impact socket sets has a very rough finish because HF quality control is about non-existent. I have to watch for rust diligently.

I found a 1/2" click-type torque wrench there for $14 once. I've only used it once so far.
I bought sets of T-handle allen wrenches for dirt cheap and I think they're great. My HF screwdrivers are nice too.
The only complaint I have about my HF digital calipers is that it doesn't display fractional.
I got a large set of transfer punches there for really cheap and I've been happy with them.

A lot of stuff I've bought there hasn't worked as well as I had hoped or not at all. My HF bolt extractor kit hasn't ever turned a drat thing. My air-saw is only useful when it is the only tool that will fit. My HF punches and chisels are so soft that I have to re-grind the faces every time I use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU