Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Hi all! I'm looking for a good OBD2 scanner that I can use via Bluetooth with my iPhone 5/iPad 2. I will be getting one for my dad too. If there is one that is universally accepted here a link to amazon or other reputable online retailer it would be MUCH appreciated! My hunting on amazon doesn't seem to be too fruitful and I'd much rather take the recommendation of AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll look into some of those other options more. I researched a little more and found the whole Bluetooth nonsense with Apple products. It's rather disappointing to say the least.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Hey tool thread, I'm looking for an EZ Out, preferably the ones made of adamantium that I've seen used in the other threads. It's to remove some ~12mm bolts that the head broke off that holds the plastic shroud over my intercooler. The thing just snapped off with no warning that the bolt was tight. A link to amazon or again, if a HF unit would suffice id be okay with that.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

kastein posted:

Mind snapping a pic real quick? It sounds like there's almost certainly another way to go about removing the broken bolts. I've never seen a shroud bolt or anything related to an intercooler that would absolutely require an ez-out if it broke.

Yeah. I'll snap some later and post them up!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

kastein posted:

Mind snapping a pic real quick? It sounds like there's almost certainly another way to go about removing the broken bolts. I've never seen a shroud bolt or anything related to an intercooler that would absolutely require an ez-out if it broke.

Here are the broken bolts. I thought I could try to slot them with the dremel and use a blade screw driver to get them out. No such luck. My plans now are to use a conical dremel bit to smooth out the bolt and then use smaller . larger drill bits until I can get a good bite with an easy out - unless someone has a better suggestion for me!