Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

jailbait#3 posted:

I got a Ryobi 18v li-ion impact (Green body) and it spins off lug nuts with ease. It even took off an axle nut that usually needs a 4-foot breaker. It's a monster, and I think it's only $100 for the bare tool. The other Ryobi tools are also great - and who else lets you use the same battery to power a string trimmer or a chainsaw?

Do you have an exact model number and can it be bought at Home Depot?

I have some HD gift cards that have been sitting around for awhile and I need a new cordless drill (it is a drill right, not just a cordless impact wrench?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

You Are A Elf posted:

I might just do that if I can't find the blue grips. I'm really surprised there aren't any grips on eBay or Craigslist, but i'll keep trying with different keywords.

Thanks.

The original blue grips on tools like Channellock are dipped on like plastidip at the factory which would explain why you can't find replacements.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I was going to get some of that stuff for a bunch of my tools but had two problems.

It's almost impossible to find where I live and, because it's classified as toxic, it was stupidly expensive to have shipped.

It was about $30 for a small dipping tin and $50 for shipping.

That sucks, they have both the spray and dip at my local Lowes.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I picked up a porter cable and some lake country pads this summer and it has made all the difference in the word in both speed and quality.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

The standard low profile heavy as hell steel jack from HF works on my '02 and '11 WRX just fine. It can reach the crossmember without issue.

It's a BIT closer on the '11 and it's easier to put the car on wood blocks first to get a bit more clearance, but it works.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Motronic posted:

Well....yeah. No amount or type of tools can fix lazy or stupid.

And there's a whole lot of lazy and stupid out there. I've had to replace 3 wheel studs on my 2002 WRX over the past 11 years and the only time someone other than me has the wheels off the car is during the yearly inspection. I can tell you I'm not the one cross threading my lug nuts on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I just use the jugs the the oil comes in and any excess goes into windshield washer fluid bottles. I go through washer fluid far faster than any other automotive fluid so there's always a few bottles lying around.