Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

RealKyleH posted:

I have the Torin Big Red Jack set.

I got this exact set:
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200305241_200305241

About 4 years ago. The trolley jack has since failed but I was overusing it anyway.

How the gently caress do you overuse a jack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
In other words you bought a jack to small for your vehicle and proceeded to use it anyway.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

two_beer_bishes posted:

What should I look for in a pneumatic impact wrench? The prices range from $30-300+ and I just want to make sure I'm not getting a piece of poo poo...

Husky composite 600ft/lb from home depot. I have a couple of them along with a new 1200ft/lb snap on. The husky is light and very durable. You can usually get it for around $150 in store.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
I knew it was somewhere around 600ft/lb. They're great quality for the money. Just as good a balance as my snap on and they can take a beating for sure.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
The low profile socket is great for the Ecotec but cutting a cheap 32mm wrench in half works just as good.