Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

now that I'm a dad and a homeowner i need a tool belt for all my dad and homeowner projects. what's a good one to get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

One Day Fish Sale posted:

Somebody point me to the bag o' 5.0 Ah LXT batteries sale please.

Second

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I'm finally breaking down and getting a rotary tool (weird I know) and am looking at the Dremel 3000 or 4000 series. Anyone have any experience with those? Should I spring for the extra bits and cutting discs or should I get that poo poo all separately? I'd be using it for cutting mild steel/plastic and drywall around the house and on my cars.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Just copped 2 6 amp hour makita batteries at the local Home Depot for 130 bucks. My leaf blower has never been so happy!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Any recommendations for a small/precision screwdriver set? My harbor freight set is juuuuuunk

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Cheers thanks!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Anyone have a dual battery 18 volt Makita charger they would want to sell me?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

bolind posted:

Where are you located?

Reno

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

As long as shipping isn't like 50 bux I'll take it. Zip code is 89511 if you'd like to PM me a shipping estimate

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Or just wrap blue painters tape around one you already have. It works great for me the once or twice a year I rotate my tires

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

tangy yet delightful posted:

Ah but you see I don't already have one :v:

Touché

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Menards is one of the very few things I miss about living in the Midwest. Even miss the jingle a little

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Warm seasons greetings to you all from menards! It's in my head so now it's in yours. Your welcome

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Hypothetically if I needed a ball joint press should I get the $90 bullshit from harbor freight or is there something better or cheaper I should be looking at?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Advent Horizon posted:

They told me to take it to a dealer 150 miles away on an island to get the hose replaced (which they will not sell me directly).

What the gently caress is with this. I had a year old kitchen faucet spring a leak in its hose and price pfister (never again their poo poo is garbage) wouldn't sell me a replacement hose unless I could prove that I was a contractor. So now I tell everyone I know and strangers on the internet to never buy Price Pfister because their poo poo is garbage.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

anyone have real strong opinions on a good JIS screwdriver or should i just get whatever is handy?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

You've sent me on an odyssey, and now my eyes have been opened. Thank you, thank you, thank you

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Bro I returned tools today. I needed 90 bux more than the HF tap and die set I bought but didn't use.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

kastein posted:

That tap and die set is scrap anyways, you did the right thing

You would have thought it was pure adamantium over how long they looked at it before giving me a refund. Even got a manager involved before they'd take it back.

Sort of related: I broke the 3/8 nub off my tekton breaker bar and they had a new one to me in 2 days. Huge fan.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Pump went out on my cheap0 pressure washer so now im in the market for a new one. Im willing to spend up to 500 bucks if that gets me a decent one that won't die as soon as Biden is out of office. Gotta be electric and normal use cases are cleaning cars and washing windows on my house. No need to blast off concrete or wood so super high PSI isn't a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

i just had my first "small" makita battery die the other day. no idea on the cycle count bit its well over 10 years old. there are some milwaukee specific tools i wish i had but makita has been awesome for what i use it for