Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I saw a cheap rattle gun on the weekend so bought it. The socket I have for my car lug nuts is a dual-ended thing with two different sizes, with the square bit in the middle.

What's the doohickey called to plug onto the end of the impact wrench and extend a square shaft out to the socket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

sharkytm: thanks, that's it.

Raw_Beef: thanks for that term as well. I was given a jack from a guy who was moving and it came with the sockets and a 90 degree angle extension but no straight one, I guess he lost it.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Blackdawgg posted:

I plan on getting something more serious whenever I buy a house. I thought about the 2HP model from Harbor Freight but since it's oiled I can't use it to blow out my computer. It's not really big enough to power any air tools I don't see the reason to spend $100

I've cleaned out my computers for years with a standard pov-pack 2HP compressor.
I assume it's oiled because I dumped a few hundred mL of oil into the reservoir like it told me to about 5+ years ago.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

While we're vaguely on the subject I bought one of these ages ago and finally mounteed it to the wall in my garage (with the spare mounting block on the wall in the backyard)

That poo poo is awesome. Works fine with 240V extension cords too.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Surely that applies equally to any winder though, or even just looping your cables around your elbow.

I don't weld much but I'll try remember for next time anyway.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

thegasman2000 posted:

I have been looking at this too and Mag Rails look good. As I am :britain: I am having to get creative! I am going to use an old camping roll mat, cutting out my tools on one layer and sticking to one below. Ghetto but cheap.

That's a good idea, also yoga mats can be had really cheap and in different colours which can help with contrast to see tool positions and sizes more easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

West SAAB Story posted:

Looks like its that time again..

I need one of those nail unbenders to repurpose all the nails I get from pulling apart pallets.