Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

CornHolio posted:

I picked this set up at HF for like $14. The single wrench I needed at Sears was $16. Hopefully it does the trick, if not, I'll have to get that proto tool and special-order it.

I need these anyway though, my biggest metric wrench was a 14mm previously. :lol:

edit: I also use the standard Craftsman jackstands. Work just fine for me, always have. I used to have four, but then my father-in-law stole two of them when they left for Texas, now I only have two. :( But they work fine!

I needed a 20mm for the top of my M3s front strut and that same set got my hopes up and then dashed them.

I had to order the $16 single from Sears (and put the stupid front suspension back on the car and wait a week for the wrench to arrive).

My craftsman jack stands and jack are working great so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

CornHolio posted:

Did it break or just not work some other way?

There isn't a 20mm in that set. I think it goes 18/19 and then 22/23

Should have been more specific, sorry.

I was happy to come across a set with lots of wrenches in it and then I noticed it didn't have what I needed.

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
I got my jack stands and jack from Sears for only a bit more expensive than HF. I don't care whether they were good quality, I had a mental block with buying the cheapest tool when it was something that would potentially be supporting the entire car above my face.