Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Bolton
Aug 1, 2004
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?
For an early birthday present from my parents I got a used 30 gallon 5hp 150psi Craftsman air compressor. It was $165 with a bad mother fucker 25 foot hose.

After I got it I went to visit my cousin's husband who runs a pawn shop and got a Snap-On IM6100 half inch drive impact gun for $50 to use with the new compressor.

Then my friend sold me Mac 1/4 inch drive and 3/8 inch drive air ratchets $50 for the pair.

I am STOKED and can't wait to tear some stubborn bolts apart with the POWER OF IMPACT RAAWR!!! Rear shocks on my dad's 1992 Accord are probably going to be the first project since I did the front shocks, brake pads and rotors, drive axles, wheel bearings and tie rod ends last weekend. That was a big job and I hope the idiot at Honda who decided on the hub-over-rotor design has been punished. At least I didn't break any tools getting the job done like Blaise did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Bolton
Aug 1, 2004
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

What is the difference between 12pt and 6pt sockets? I'm guessing 6pt would be less likely to round a nut and 12pt is easier to slip on a nut. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference in price.
There are some bolts that are 12-point. The bolts that hold the wheel bearing to the steering knuckle in a 90-93 Accord spring to mind.

Also, a 12-point socket can be used to drive bits that are 4-sided. I used a 12-point socket with an easy-out bit that was 4-sided.