Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
I went against the thread and bought a Harbor Freight small table top drill press, and so far in the assembly I sheared one bolt off that held the mast to the base plate and cracked the base plate securing it to the table top. The base is cheap cast iron, so while I'm gonna get that part replaced under warranty, I'm looking at a better base idea. Thinking 3/4" steel plate.

My #1 reason for choosing Harbor Freight for the drill is purely cost. I am not certain how much I will actually use it and all I had to work with is a Visa gift card I got from work, so I went cheap. If I end up using it a lot and it breaks, I'll replace it with something better. If I don't end up killing it, hey I have a drill press.

I've done that in the past (with Home Depot cheap Ryobi tools) and it's worked for me. I end up spending more money in the long run, but the cheap tools usually last me long enough to make them worth it.

My recent purchase of 2 Harbor Freight ratchet sets is the exception. poo poo broke on the first use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life

B4Ctom1 posted:

Today at 6pm PST this item goes on sale on the daily shellshocker deal for $24.95
http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx

:siren: You get two for this $24.95 price!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1EX0GP8427

This is the most compact model
Of course, a week after I buy mine (quite a bit larger too)

Make sure you don't leave it in the OBD II port, it tends to drain the battery over the weekend. (4.5 year old battery, so gonna take it to get tested before I say everything is good)

IOwnCalculus posted:

Wait, you were actually able to disable certain codes with one of these, rather than just clearing? What software on what device?

Also, any chance you've been able to test this particular one with an early OBDII Ford? Most of the China327s don't work well on those.
Now I'm very tempted to pull the cable on my MAF sensor just to throw a code so I can then see if Torque reads the code and see what it says about it.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life

slidebite posted:

Other ideas? It's a $200 sensor so I'd rather not buy a new one (the screw is top of frame).
Find a bolt that goes through the hole in board, bolt -> washer -> through the whole thing -> washer -> nut.