Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
This is a slight bump, but I felt compelled to introduce you to my newest tool.

It is called the Common Outdoor Stick

I went to check my tire pressure today, and while I was doing that I noticed that a lot of pine needles had piled into water-runoff areas around the trunk and hood seals, so I opened both to grab all the rotting plant matter.

When I opened the hood, I found a little clump of dried mud nestled in a recess of the intake manifold. It was in fact a nest belonging to whatever local flavor of Dirt Dobber calls this area home. Judging by the color of the mud, I'd say it was picked up while I was at home on Tuesday (lots of clay in it, whereas there is none to be found around here).

So I found a handy stick, knocked it off.

While this may not seem like important automotive maintenance, Dirt Dobbers have proven to be pretty dangerous little fuckers in the past.

Edit: forgot to mention that the guy across the street working on his Stingray Corvette probably thinks I'm an idiot now that he's watched me poking at the engine bay of a Mustang with a stick.

ApathyGifted fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU