Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tonynaia
Dec 31, 2004
I was recently given an older SK torque wrench (20 - 150 ft/lbs). When I say older, the last time it was used was when my father rebuilt the engine in his Bronco 20 years ago.

It was stored at the lowest torque setting since it was last used. My worry is that it has slipped out of calibration due to age. Should I worry about this? If so, is there a good place I could send it off to for re-calibration?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonynaia
Dec 31, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

First off, it's been stored correctly at the lowest torque setting. If you're luckly, you just need to massage it a bit at various torque settings, working up to the highest setting.

There shouldn't really be anything that could slip out of adjustment, as long as it was stored at the lowest torque setting and isn't all rusty, the spring inside should be as good as the day it was made.

Ah, that's good to hear. Thanks! Figured I'd ask before I started using it and shearing bolts, or leaving bolts loose and losing bits on the highway.