Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.
I broke down and bought a car (Volvo 850 wagon) as a backup for my motorcycle, and as the car needed new rotors and a suspension refresh, It seemed like a good time to go get some new tools. A trip to Lowe's and several hundred dollars later, I was making those sweet auto shop sounds with my new Kobalt 30 gallon compressor and impact wrench (the "industrial" one with 525 lb-ft of torque was on sale, so I bought one). The oil-free compressors were cheaper, but this thread convinced me to pop the extra $100 for the belt-driven oil-lubricated cast-iron one instead.

My new impact wrench made the brake job hilariously easy compared to the angry, sweaty, grunt-and-sweat experience I usually have removing old bolts. The job went so well, I was inspired to schedule a tech day in a couple of weeks with four friends, where we will attempt to rebuild the outer CV joints of a VW Passat (really, it's just an excuse to use my new impact on something).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU