Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
POSTER: Coltron4040
VEHICLE: 1968 Chevelle
GOAL: Custom Restoration Daily Driver
DIFFICULTY: Nothing I shouldn't be able to handle.
COSTS: $750 for car 10 years ago when I was like 14, Engine rebuild 4 years ago $3000, Dual 2 1/4 inch exhaust w/Spintech mufflers $800. Still needs complete interior and exterior restoration.
LINK: No main project thread until I get the garage cleaned out.

I might have put a little to much into the motor as we decided to keep the original 307.
Its over-bored, has a 3/4 race cam and lifter set, heads are port and polished with 3 angle valve seats.
The engine looks a little grimy but it's powder coated so it will be an easy clean up.

Future plans include new trans and rear end, as the Powerglide sucks unless I want to use it as a 1/4 mile car. Might shorten the rear end while I am at it so I can put some wider tires on it.
New suspension and brakes, will probably go performance.

Bonz0, you don't really have it that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU