Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
POSTER: Rhyno
VEHICLE: 1977 Toyota Celica GT
GOAL: To make a drat spiffy and semi-reliable daily driver
DIFFICULTY: This is my first solo project and I still have loads to learn. I'm probably screwed.
COSTS: $1000 for the car, plate, title and taxes. $200 for tow and impound fees. (my loving neighbor caused this.) $250-300 for random parts so far. Hoping to do the whole job for under $5000.
LINK: "Specified thread was not found in the live forums."

Tomorrow I'm replacing the Clutch Master and Slave Cylinders, the starter, speedometer cable and e-brake cable. Gonna try to take progress pictures and start up a new thread. Next weekend will be all around brake replacement/upgrades.

I bought this car after 3 months of searching for one without massive underbody rust. Finally found one in Iowa, went to pick it up and drove it several hundred miles home without any problems. She needs lots of work and I've been sitting on this project for a year now with no real progress. I'm hoping to get her street legal again this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU