Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scotsman
Jun 9, 2002

We've now got 4 separate poker selling threads with a lot of interest so obviously there's a need for it. All the existing threads can stay - but any sellers or people wanting to trade - please use this thread. If you're looking for a book post about it here - if you're looking to get rid of books post about it here - if you just want to trade some books then...you get it...post about it here.

SA Mart rule applys. You can not participate if your reg date is 7 months or less than the current date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I told him to do this thread. He's gonna act like he was already working on it when I IMd him, but we all know this was my idea.

The Giveaway

I'm hoping that by doing this, I'll get some more people with unused books to start giving theirs away. We can be a friendly, loving and sharing community, or you can all go gently caress yourselves - the choice is yours and yours alone!

To be blunt with you guys, most of these books are more on the entry level side of things. Not really books that most of the regulars around here need. So I'm just going to give them away. My hope is that newer players will take the opportunity to learn. For that reason, please don't request a book that's below you. If you're crushing 15/30 limit, you probably don't need WLLHE. If this goes well, great, if it doesn't, then hey, more books for me. Please don't ask for more than 1-2 books. All the books are free, but if you want to slide me a few bucks on a poker site of your choice to cover shipping (and shipping only), then I'm not going to put up much of a fight. Quote me with what you're interested in, and then send me a PM or an IM.

(ALL BOOKS GONE!)

Most of the books are in like new condition. A few have never been opened beyond a quick glance. I tend to buy books in bulk, so a lot of these just got passed over.

Free books, bitches. Come and get em.

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 2, 2008

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I told him to do this thread. He's gonna act like he was already working on it when I IMd him, but we all know this was my idea.

The Giveaway

To be blunt with you guys, most of these books are more on the entry level side of things. Not really books that most of the regulars around here need. So I'm just going to give them away. My hope is that newer players will take the opportunity to learn. For that reason, please don't request a book that's below you. If you're crushing 15/30 limit, you probably don't need WLLHE. If this goes well, great, if it doesn't, then hey, more books for me. Please don't ask for more than 1-2 books. All the books are free, but if you want to slide me a few bucks on a poker site of your choice to cover shipping (and shipping only), then I'm not going to put up much of a fight. Quote me with what you're interested in and a good way to get in touch.

Getting the Best of It
Winning Low Limit Hold'em
Internet Texas Hold'em
Championship No-Limit & Pot-Limit Hold'em
Tournament Poker and the Art of War
Tournament Poker for Advanced Players (original, not the newly updated one)
Caro's Book of Poker Tells
Ace on the River

Most of the books are in like new condition. A few have never been opened beyond a quick glance. I tend to buy books in bulk, so a lot of these just got passed over.

I'll take internet texas hold em. whats your screenname on FTP for the shipping?

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
FTP: dogsofwar107. Priority's like $3.85, right? That's the most I'd want out of anyone who wants a book. Make sure to PM or AIM me your address!

scrivenerjones
Mar 12, 2007

by Fragmaster
I'll take the championship book, it's mostly MTT/STT stuff right?

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Yeah, looks like it. Unfortunately, there's a catch. Chapter 6 is called (and you can't make this up) "how to practice for winning the world series of poker". If it turns out that winning the WSOP is as simple as reading a 16 page chapter, then you owe me 5% of your winnings.

scrivenerjones
Mar 12, 2007

by Fragmaster
highway robbery, 3% or nothing :colbert:

(pm sent)

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Could I get Winning Low Limit Hold'em or anyother beginner book that you may have? Should I contact you on aim? Else just shoot me a msg, My aim is always on. srharminoffendl

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 14, 2008

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Yep, WLLHE's still available. My AIM's in my profile. Consider this semi-dibs til you get in touch with me.

Cornish Pasty
Jul 28, 2004

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Getting the Best of It

I'll take this if you don't mind. I can do Stars or Cake for shipping.

MAN OF MANY MOUTHS
May 4, 2006

Is this real life?

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I'll take tournament poker for advanced players, whats your name on cake so i can send 4 bucks for shipping.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Woohoo, books are moving quick! I hope other people start using this thread to sell, and really hope they start using it to give away old books. It's a nice gesture, you selfish bastards. :(

Cake name is blackdays107, first name is xxx. Please make sure to PM me your address. If you IM it to me, make sure you mention your SA name. Books are going out tomorrow.

Edit: Wait! Cornish, I owe you an apology. I didn't get a pop up box for one PM, so I missed it. Macy's day smuggler PMd me asking for Getting the Best of It, so I need to give dibs to him first. Let me get in touch with him later today and make sure he wants it. Sorry to both of you for the mix up. :(

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 19, 2008

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

The Giveaway

Caro's Book of Poker Tells

I will take this if its still available. Sending a PM now.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Books mailed!

Caro to Illinois
TPFAP to Tennessee
Championship to Oregon
Internet to Colorado
WLLHE to Wisconsin

I don't want another dime from anyone so don't even think about it, but I'm really surprised how expensive it was to mail everything. For some reason, I expected the packaging to be part of the priority mail price. Ended up being a little under 7 bucks a pop.

Ahh well, enjoy your books. :)

Now someone else needs to give away some books. Who's up?

M@
Jul 10, 2004
Have:

SSHE (pretty good condition)
TOP (binding kinda sucks, but it's not falling apart. Definitely readable)
Physcology of Poker (good condtion)
Non-Strat: Professor, Banker, Suicide King (hard cover) & Positively 5th Street (good shape)

Want:

HoH (1-3. If I have a choice, I'd like to start with #1)
Any book on NLHE. I'm open to suggestions.

Cornish Pasty
Jul 28, 2004

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Caro to Illinois
TPFAP to Tennessee
Championship to Oregon
Internet to Colorado
WLLHE to Wisconsin

Any news about Getting the Best of It?

The only books I still have my hands on are either horrible crap like Scott Fischman's "Online Ace" or worthwhile ones that I still read regularly, so there's not much I can give out :(

java
May 7, 2005

So I've got a few books leftover from my collection that I'm still looking to get rid of, and since there is a thread for this now, thought I would throw them up there. If you are interested, I guess contact me via PM or leave a note here with a reasonable offer.

Harrington on Hold'em 1
Winning Low Limit Hold'Em
Poker and Philosophy
Small Stakes Hold'em

java fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 28, 2008

M@
Jul 10, 2004

Automaton Empire posted:

Harrington on Hold'em 1

I'll take HoH1. $15 shipped?

java
May 7, 2005

M@ posted:

I'll take HoH1. $15 shipped?

Sounds good, I can PM with you Paypal info.

Edit: PM sent.

Oct 29, 2006

by Fragmaster
I have Winning Low Limit Hold 'Em for sale for $15.

5463 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 20, 2008

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

5463 posted:

Package deals:

Everybody knows WLLHE + SSHE is a great beginners combo. Both are yours for $25!

Buy my two Sklansky books, Theory of Poker and Donkaments for Advanced Players for $20 combined.

If its still available I'll take the two Sklansky books.

aslewofmice
Dec 22, 2003
Cross post:

Small Stakes Hold'em - Ed Miller

The Theory of Poker - David Sklansky

Pot Limit & No Limit Poker - Bob Ciaffone

Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players - Sklansky & Malmuth

Hold'em Poker - David Sklansky

Winning Low Limit Poker 2nd edition - Lee Jones

Championship No Limit & Pot Limit Hold'em - TJ Cloutier

Leave a msg here with your offer.

Oct 29, 2006

by Fragmaster

Mr. Toodles posted:

If its still available I'll take the two Sklansky books.

AIM me: batteredchicken

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Books mailed!

Caro to Illinois
TPFAP to Tennessee
Championship to Oregon
Internet to Colorado
WLLHE to Wisconsin

I don't want another dime from anyone so don't even think about it, but I'm really surprised how expensive it was to mail everything. For some reason, I expected the packaging to be part of the priority mail price. Ended up being a little under 7 bucks a pop.

Ahh well, enjoy your books. :)

Now someone else needs to give away some books. Who's up?

Internet received. Thanks for spreading the love.

scrivenerjones
Mar 12, 2007

by Fragmaster
mine received, thanks much. this book has given me many laughs so far--if you think that the best way to learn poker is not from practice hands or statistics, but instead from hearing about something that J.T. heard once in Shreveport from a guy named Slim or Tex, this is the book for you!

M@
Jul 10, 2004

Automaton Empire posted:

Sounds good, I can PM with you Paypal info.

Edit: PM sent.

Got it today, thanks! Also, it's in very good condition :)

dumbhand
Nov 5, 2004

WATCH OUT!
I got 2 books from 5463 and they showed up fast and in good condition.

Oct 29, 2006

by Fragmaster
Here's what I've still got for sale:

Miller/Sklansky - Small Stakes Hold 'em - $20
Sklansky - Hold 'em for Advanced Players -$15

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

5463 posted:

Here's what I've still got for sale:

Miller/Sklansky - Small Stakes Hold 'em - $20
Sklansky - Hold 'em for Advanced Players -$15

Might as well ask for HEFAP. If you still have my address, let me know, or I will hit you up on AIM tomorrow.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Have the following for sale. Looking for $15 shipped

Two Plus Two:
Theory of Poker
Seven Card Stud For Advanced Players
Sklansky on Poker
Hold em For Advanced Players
High Lo Split for Advanced Players

Misc:
Barry Greenstein-Ace on The River

NOTE: These are all in pretty much pristine condition and if you don't agree (within reason) i'll refund you up to 25% of your purchase price

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 28, 2008

Oct 29, 2006

by Fragmaster

Mr. Toodles posted:

Might as well ask for HEFAP. If you still have my address, let me know, or I will hit you up on AIM tomorrow.

Sorry, I don't have it. Just hit me up on AIM!

Package Molesto
Aug 5, 2002

It trained them to shoot skeet.
Getting Started in Hold'em - In basically perfect unread condition, $10 shipped
The Theory of Poker - The binding on this is kind of hosed in one spot, I make no guarantees that this won't fall into two pieces after a reading or two, $6 shipped

Stars/Cake/Full Tilt transfers or add $2 for Paypal. I'll be shipping media mail so I hope you're not in a hurry!

Package Molesto fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 18, 2008

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

5463 posted:

Sorry, I don't have it. Just hit me up on AIM!

Missed you a couple of times. Is there a time that you will be on so I can contact you?

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

Got my books today from 5463 (thanks).

Big_Poot
Sep 3, 2002
edit - getting rid of year old info.

Big_Poot fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 21, 2009

M@
Jul 10, 2004

Big_Poot posted:

Harrington on Hold'em Vol 2
Harrington on Hold'em Vol 3

Paypal is dhartnett@gmail.com

I'll take these two.

Big_Poot
Sep 3, 2002

M@ posted:

I'll take these two.

$36 sound good for those 2?

M@
Jul 10, 2004

Big_Poot posted:

$36 sound good for those 2?

That works. I'll send the Paypal right now.

Big_Poot
Sep 3, 2002

M@ posted:

That works. I'll send the Paypal right now.

I'll be sending the books on Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time
I've got Small Stakes Holdem for sale as I don't play limit any more. I'm in Australia so if an Aussie wants it then make me an offer, otherwise I don't mind international shipping as long as you're happy to pay for it.

Email me at guitarmy@gmail.com

• Locked thread