Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«829 »
Taman
May 21, 2003

My mama said that I'm not living right

large hands posted:

I'm psyched to get my American Ranch and stick my currently unused 6-24x ffp on it, which is probably way too much scope for it but my eyes suck lol

I was thinking about just throwing my 4x ACOG on it for now and seeing if I get any reactions, but then I realized it would probably sit way too high.

Martytoof posted:

Hmm, Cabela’s doesn’t seem to stock them in .223

My wallet lives to see another day.

I usually buy most things from P&D Enterprises when possible, but they inquired with the canadian Ruger distributors and were told the model# 26965 is not available, the distributors bring in the model# 36928, which Ruger doesn't appear to list the specifications of anywhere, and no one I talked to had any idea what the difference was. And it's something like $800+GST going that route.

Instead I ended up ordering through IRUNGUNS who pins and imports themselves, and ships from their warehouse in Sherwood Park. Ended up a bit cheaper about $700 or so +GST and shipping. I saw a post from them saying that they're selling around 15 of them a day.

Edit:

large hands posted:

They're extremely out of stock almost everywhere (I guess because they take AR mags) but it looks like Dante sports in Montreal has them in stock...
I didn't come across that listing in searches. Looks like the difference for that model number is entirely the mag. A bit more than what I paid, but probably a lot quicker.

Taman fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

I'll probably end up getting a Troy PAR or whatever straight-pull AR-like thing manages to survive. I really enjoy my straight-pull guns and love the modularity of the AR platform.

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

Taman posted:

I usually buy most things from P&D Enterprises when possible,
Thanks for mentioning this place! I nearly lost it when I saw they had a USP but it's in .40S&W

Taman
May 21, 2003

My mama said that I'm not living right

I like them because the owners are good people and not racist/sexist/homophobes, they're pretty well stocked, and their pricing is very competitive and usually lower than most. That said, the "website" is a horrible relic of the 90's and they have zero e-commerce capability. Run by a retired Edmonton police sergeant and his wife.

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

Blistex posted:

What's the going rate for XD9s? Is CGN still the preferred place to sell? I want to get rid of mine asap so I don't have to worry about storing it anymore.
I can't tell you what price to expect for it but Firearms Outlet Canada has a decent pre-owned section I check regularly. You might not make the same amount of money as you would on CGN but you might also get it off your hands faster barring issues with the restricted transfer.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

Iíve never had an issue selling a pistol on CGN, and youíll get better coin for it than consigning it. If itís in good shape, check the prices for a new one, then subtract a bit for the CGN price. Good to go.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

I always sell my NRs on cgn or gunpost, but last restricted I sold was a chore. With the transfer times in some provinces and general canada post fuckery I am willing to take the hit on consignment.

Obviously its not a big deal as a seller but I dislike being pestered by somebody wondering where their gun is when its out of my control.

Shumagorath
Jun 5, 2001

Jesus what is wrong with people

quote:

No Mounties were injured after suspects shot at them in High Prairie, Alta., early Sunday morning, according to RCMP.

Police were responding to a traffic complaint when shots were fired at them at around 2 a.m.

Officers found the abandoned vehicle at the Elk Rodeo Grounds with several firearms inside. They believe three suspects fled to JC Park.

Police said the three are in custody and there is "no further risk to public safety."

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB14QwLk?m=en...erID=InAppShare

Is there a big SovCit population in the area? I mean it's rural Alberta so I don't know why I'm even asking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhurak
Nov 12, 2007

Playing music in the key of HIP!

Fun Shoe

Shumagorath posted:

Jesus what is wrong with people

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB14QwLk?m=en...erID=InAppShare

Is there a big SovCit population in the area? I mean it's rural Alberta so I don't know why I'm even asking

That's the homeland. Ish. Sov cits are mostly southern. Gut tells me it has to do with the larger numbers of Mormons but I actually don't know. High Prairie is a typical northern Alberta town with an agriculture and oil base surrounded by a few Reserves. Most of the French folk in Alberta settled down in that general area. So who knows.

«829 »