Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

Gorefluff posted:

How do you determine in an area is legal to discharge a firearm in? For example, if I owned a summer cottage on some property, could I legally store and fire rifles there, or would it be considered "residential", and I'd be forced to go into the bush to shoot?

I would check for any bylaws in your area on the "regulation of the discharge of firearms" or some such. Just call the municipal or regional offices and ask to speak with someone in bylaws and they will fax you a copy of whatever you want, or make a copy that you can come by and pick up. This is the best way to do it if you want to make sure you in the clear for everything.

I always assumed being on a farm in a very hilly area that I would be totally in the clear to fire whatever I cared so long as I wasn't firing into someone else's property or over a road and had a suitable backstop. Turns out I'm not allowed to fire anything other then a shotgun with #2 shot or smaller on my property unless I'm hunting or controlling varmints/predators. Yeah I can't even fire a air rifle, and apparently this has been a bylaw for like 30 years.

Now, I should say this is pretty much never enforced, but if for some reason I do have the police called in on me, I can face according to the bylaw a fine of up to $100 and confiscation of said firearm.

You will find all that nice information in the copy of the bylaw when you get it, it's probably not a bad thing to have on hand if you are plinking away, you never know when you might need it.

Petit.Conan fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

I saw this in the EE this morning, and I almost died laughing, this has to be a joke right?

quote:

I have for sale, a hard to find Ruger pre"2008" 10/22
Overall condition is like new, has only fired 13000 rounds, all factory.
Has a "rare" sporter style stock made with 100% American hardwood, but does not have the awful checkering pattern that the deluxe versions come with.
Comes with the hard to find 1" weaver rail that is very sought after by many 10/22 owners
The rifle is also equipped with fibre optic sights, which according to many Ruger owners is highly sought after

Comes equipped with a 20" barrel, which drives bulk ammo from any "big box" store into an easy 1 inch group for 5 shots at 15 yards...(yeah, I Know, pretty unreal)
Has 1 factory mag round that is factory matched and numbered for this particular firearm...

I am asking $775.00 EMT only please or will trade for a Sako AV in Left Hand 260 Remington. Pics available to serious inquiries only.

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

Silverdale Sports center MIGHT, they're out in St. Anns. Al Simmons in Hamilton, very very maybe.

I'm sure there is an indoor range or something around the GTA that has something like that, maybe Target Sports Center (they're a whole store/indoor range type thing). If not TSC then I am sure they can point you in a direction better then I can.

Petit.Conan fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 8, 2008

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

Pretty sure these guys carry a good bit of 10/22 stuff http://www.p-d-ent.com/ but they are pricey.

GM is just way behind in orders from what I've been reading, so unless you can find someone with a nice secret stash you might be in for a bit of a wait.

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

Am I the only person in the world who absolutely refuses to pay for anything with a money order?

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

That would get me to pack my bags and get the gently caress out of Ontario like none other.

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

No, it makes me want to stick around here and fight the good fight. But if the other ever happened it would be just too tempting of an offer.

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

Just register a CGN account and download the manuals off them (http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39054) read them over and find somewhere you can challenge the tests.

RPAL is all hand gun poo poo anyways, that C7 stuff isn't going to help you much with that, but it's not like either test is rocket science either.

Petit.Conan fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 6, 2008

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah SIR/Cabela's Canada has those for the same price, 275 will net you a Stainless / Synthetic 10/22.

Don't forget the government wants it's take too out of those, with the EE you don't have to worry about that, unless it's a dealer add.

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

Haha Green Party.

That's really all I got from this election, can we kick them back to the side lines with the rest of the commies now or what?

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah I get all that poo poo too, and every 10th package I get that goes into the Mississauga sorting station gets loving lost for about 6 months.

Of course every single package I have ever got through UPS and FEDEX has either been crushed beyond almost total recognition or have a fork from a lift truck run through it.

DHL on the other had has yet to do any of these things yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah now all you need to do is read the 10/22 thread so you can see how fast that $300 rifle turns into a $1300 rifle.