Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

I'm not sure if we've ever had one of these. I can't recall one anyways, so here it is. There are quite a few Canadian gun goons in TFR, and a great sum of combined knowledge. In addition, Canadian gun laws are ludicrously complex and arbitrary, so sometimes people need a hand sorting them out. That crossover of expertise and demand can be filled, right here.

First, some links from my bookmarks:
The Canadian Firearms Center Fact Sheets - A good source for the legal definitions and restrictions we face.
Canadian GunNutz - Unfortunately, the biggest and most prosperous Canadian online gun community. Generally a mixed pot full of racists, homophobes and redneck stereotypes. The only good parts are the technical discussions and the Equipment Exchange (EE). This is, in my opinion, the best place in Canada to buy firearms. You'll save money, and it's generally safe.

Commercial links:
Armco - Gunnar is probably the best pistolsmith in Canada, and a good dealer of used and new rifles, shotguns and pistols. Nice guy too, and very willing to answer questions or bargain on trades and sales.
Arms East - Walter is another one of the good guys in the business. Friendly and generous, and he brings in some cool stuff. The source for Stag rifles in Canada.
Lever Arms - A prominent Canadian retailer who has been around for decades. Best known recently for bringing in a handful of Norinco 97's (Bullpup rifles chambered in .223)
P & D Enterprises - Phil and Diane's shop in Edmonton, AB. A good source for a wide variety of rifles, shotguns and pistols and some limited tactical gear. They occasionally have little sales on ammo.
Questar - Mark is one of the really good guys in the Canadian business. Questar is the company you want to work with if you want a firearm or part imported from the states or elsewhere. He's also singlehandedly responsible for lowering the prices of Glocks across Canada and stopping our systematic rape on their prices. Not to mention getting us 10 round 5.56mm and 9mm AR magazines.
The Shooting Edge (TSE) - TSE is another really prominent retailer in Canada. They're the company that got the ball rolling on the Swiss Arms rifles, causing infinite envy by Americans.
Wholesale Sports Outdoor Outfitters - I'm not sure if they've made it out east, but on the prairies, this is our "big box" gun store. They carry lots of everything, but service generally isn't as friendly as the ma/pa gun stores. They're good for price comparisons though, and they have a searchable inventory and mail order system.
Wolverine Supplies - Ryan is another one of those hardworking, really loving cool guys in the business. Wolverine brings in a lot of cool stuff for Canadians (Including H&K P7's).
P&S Guns and Militaria (Thanks sailorjosh). A group of former supermodels who got together to start a business distributing their first love - milsurp.
Loyalist Arms (Thanks Fearless). - Apparently the nicest guys in Canada to wear 200 year old shoes with and talk like James Fenimore Cooper. Also, blackpowder is pretty rad, according to the 65 year old guy I work with.

All thanks to Ductonius:
S.I.R. Mail-Order: That's M-A-I-L order. I'm lookin' at you, buddy.
Marstar Canada: If you're a Canadian shooter and haven't found this place already you really need to learn how to internet.
Frontier Taxidermy: They apparently do more guns than taxidermy and not much frontiering.
Canada Ammo: I've been told these guys are legit.
The Montreal Firearms Recreational Center: They sell guns. Past that, I don't know.
Reliable Gun: Another previous mention in the thread. Out of Vancouver.
William's Arms:
Astor Arms:
Canada-friendly American sites.
SKS Man: Will ship anything to Canada except frames and receivers or anything otherwise illegal (eg, bullpup stocks).

Second, some motivation. Don't get discouraged by our ridiculous laws if you're thinking about getting involved with the shooting sports, or firearm ownership. Despite the image the media portrays, there are lots of fun and interesting guns you can own and shoot in Canada.

TFR poster Mikerock also wrote up this handy little guide to private transfers of firearms in Canada:

mikerock posted:

Transferring of firearms in a Private sale

This is a general guideline. Any questions for clarification should be directed to the CFC at 1-800-731-4000

The transfer of Restricted and Non-Restricted firearms is a two part process. For both parts of the process the buyer and seller will need to call the CFC at 1-800-731-4000.

The first step is for the buyer to contact the CFC and "initiate" the transfer. The seller will be required to provide information such as:

*Their PAL number and address.
*The PAL number and address of the buyer.
*The certificate number and details like the serial number and model of the firearm being transferred.

At this point the seller will be given a reference number which is to be given to the buyer for them to use in completion of the second step of the transfer.

The second step is for the buyer to contact the CFC and, by using the reference number provided by the seller, "confirm" the transfer. The seller will need to provide similar information such as:

*Their PAL number and address
*The model number of the firearm being transferred

At this point the transfer will either be confirmed, which will mean the firearm is transferred into the name of the seller, or "sent for review." A review can happen for many reasons, and usually ends up in delaying the transfer for a few days. The most common reason for a firearm being sent for review is a low serial number, although they do do random reviews. The CFC will not contact you when the review process has been finished, so the seller or buyer will need to contact the CFC in order to confirm that is has been completed. At this point the seller can ship the firearm!

The seller should not ship the firearm until they have been satisfied the transfer has been confirmed completed.

I'd like this thread to be as open as possible, so we can draw out the lurkers and new kids. Ask any question you'd like, and hopefully I or one of the other Canucks in here can help you out. If anyone has anymore links to share, I'd be happy to add them to the OP.

Finally,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DrakeriderCa fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Gtab posted:

Also of interest is that the OP is a loving gaywad.

True story.

I'm not confirming or denying, just in case there are any fag hags around.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

DocCynical posted:

Anyone know how much longer the RCMP is gonna make life poo poo in Alberta? I rather liked being able to get restricted transfers same day.

Has there been any news on putting a bunch of people in Miramichi out of a job? I haven't been paying attention lately to the news.

Seriously? I haven't had any trouble recently. Have you been referred to the CFO every time or something? The AB CFO in particular has been short of manpower lately. They've actually flown techs out from Miramichi to help cover the shortage. I'm sure they've fallen behind, but I haven't had any problems.

Baronjutter: You'll start out by taking the CFSC (Canadian Firearms Safety Course) from an accredited instructor. It usually takes a weekend, or a few weeknights and costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 to $150 (in AB anyways). At the end of the course, you'll do a written test and a practical test. If you pass both (You will, unless you're stone loving retarded) then you pay the government $80 and they send you your license. That's the super short version.

jarude: You can do it in a weekend. You should do it now, so it's ready by the time you're done training, and you can spend that government $$ on a nice shiny gun. Maybe even an AR so you can practise your TOET's and put some rounds downrange.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Millow posted:

It's a gun auction in Paris, Ontario (wherever the gently caress that is). My PAL instructor told me this would be a good place to get something on the cheap. Me and a friend went to a gun auction yesterday in Creemore, Ontario and while we weren't there for long (we found a roadkill fawn on highway 9 that looked good, so he field dressed it with a boxcutter and took it home, he's kind of a maniac) but it seemed like sporterized enfields and mausers were selling from $70 - $130, so at that price why the hell not.

When my PAL does come though, I definitely want to get a 10/22 as a first gun, where should I get it from? I want to get the 10/22 all weather, which is stainless steel with a synthetic stock. If you guys can't help me with somewhere cheaper (and at least somewhere near Toronto) I'll probably get it from Elwood Epps (http://www.ellwoodepps.com/new_firearms_ruger.asp) for $287 + tax. That seems kind of expensive though.

Good job on going through the rigamarole and getting your PAL. That's a great start.

Just for reference, your friend is a loving maniac and those prices aren't anything crazy. Any normal store will have sporterized Enfields kicking around near $100. You can occasionally pick them up on CGN for around $50.

As far as 10/22's are concerned, that price is a little high, but still ballpark. Cruster made good recommendations. I'd follow his lead.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Wisdom posted:

My GF is Canadian. I figure at some point we will go visit her home town (Northern Ontario). What am I up against if I drive across the border and I want to keep a firearm in my vehicle?

Also, is there a basic overview of what Canada calls "restricted" and "unrestricted?"

The other guys hit it, but just for reference, if you're just coming up to visit, you can't bring up any firearms. If you were coming up to hunt, or you were in transit to Alaska, it would be different. But you're SOL.

If you want a more expansive list of what's restricted/non-restricted/prohibited click on the link to the Fact sheets in my OP. It's quite detailed.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Coxswain Balls posted:

Oh, I've got a question. Is it possible to get an old 12.6 POL converted to a PAL with 12.6 privileges? I kinda want to get a smaller pistol to see how it feels to shoot one of those, but not turning 18 until a few years ago I missed the boat on doing that the easy way. My stepdad still has his 12.6 so I'm pretty sure I can get pre '46 compact pistols through him, but he says he's pretty sure he only has his POL.

If my hare-brained scheme is possible, is there anything pre '46 worth looking at? I've always had my eye on the Beretta M1934s that seem to be going for relatively cheap on CGN.

I think I know what you're asking. As far as I know, yes. I believe that you can upgrade a POL to a PAL and keep your 12.6. He'll want to call the CFC - 1 800 731 4000, just to check though. As far as I know, the only thing required to maintain your 12.6 is that you've kept 12.6 guns registered in your name continually since 1996. So as long as his license has never expired, you should be okay.

Pre-'46 worth looking at? gently caress, how about a Nazi Walther PP? Those 1934's are cool too.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Nine Lives posted:

You guys need CCW, otherwise your country is poo poo. Sorry. I'm sure many of you already know this (Gtab)

Wow. Holy poo poo that didn't take long. One page and some douchebag drops in. Hold on a second.

- Threadshitting? Check.
- Pandering to TFR Regulars? Check.
- loving 08? Check.
- Lack of content? Check.

Get out of my thread and don't come back. Seriously. Don't reply to this post. Don't try to defend yourself. Just leave and never come back.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

mikerock posted:

I shot some guns in Canada today.

I saw. Neat picture of the 6.5mm damage.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Nine Lives posted:

Re-loving-lax, I'm giving you guys a hard time. Everyone sees I'm just BSing you guys.

In all seriousness, is there a movement towards CCW in Canada? Is there an organization such as the NRA which pushes this at all?

Take a note: You're not very good at joking on the internet. v:)v

But hey, I forgive. Yes, there is a movement towards CCW here. Unfortunately, we don't have a large, well funded lobby group. We were pretty fractured for years, with only the NFA as a national org. It didn't have much funding or momentum. Recently, the CSSA (Canadian Shooting Sports Association) started up, and they've been doing a pretty good job. The started a lobbying/legal branch that has been fairly effective, but there are murmurs starting between the two organizations. People getting too big in the britches and getting a little too self-important.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Holy poo poo thank you very much Cypress. That's excellent. Although, I didn't see a part written up on private sales. We'll have to amend that. Also, just as a note, transfers of restricted firearms typically take about 2 or 3 days in AB. Because our CFO is the loving best.

Uncle Caveman posted:

Can you give any more detail? I didn't see anything on the fact sheet.

Sure. For an American to bring a firearm into Canada, there are two legal ways. 1. You have your Canadian PAL. If you do this, you can bring restricted firearms in. 2. You are either hunting in Canada, target shooting in Canada or in transit to Alaska. In this case, you can only bring non-restricted firearms with you.

If you're taking option 2, all you do is declare the firearms at the border, pay a $25 registration fee, do about 5 minutes of paperwork and you're good for 3 months. Although it probably shouldn't take you that long to get to AK.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Fearless posted:

Sweet Jesus.

Thank you for the links, they're very useful. I mostly do black powder shooting and coach a cadet marksmanship team here in the armpit of Canadian civilization (New Brunswick and Nova Scotia). It's not so bad, actually. When I'm home I can sit on the deck and shoot things while burning a meal to cinders on the barbeque.

I've got an India Pattern Brown Bess in .75 with a couple of bayonets (one of them is original) a Pedersoli frontier rifle in .50 and a Thompson/Center Hawken in .50. I'll post pics later tonight when I get back from a grocery run.

Edit: I'd like to suggest the addition of http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/ to the OP. They cater to reenactors and the history dork in all of us. They're just outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia and the owner Blair is very friendly. Great folks, and I'm pleased with the gun I have from them. Also, they stand by the parts in their guns which are sold with vents pre-drilled and tested, unlike some other merchants elsewhere in Canada.

Very cool. I'm not a blackpowder burner myself, but good for you for polluting the poo poo out the air.

Also, good job on being a cadet marksmanship coach. I was an Army Cadet myself, went to Bisley and finally worked two summers as a CI rifle coach at Connaught. It's what really got me into target shooting, and I'm glad there are people around that are still working to kindle that interest with young people.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Fearless posted:

Fnrghh

Yeah, I agree with Flanker. You need to spend more time in here, in my opinion. I'm glad to hear that someone like you is working with the Cadets. Sounds like you've got your head in it for the right reason.

Maybe you should start up an old-timey blackpowder thread. You've certainly got the knowledge and experience necessary. I'm sure there are other Grizzly Adams in TFR.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Fearless posted:

One of these days I'll finish my PAL paperwork and maybe take the restricted course. I'm not much of a handgun type, but damned if Hi-Powers aren't loveliest pistols out there.

Flanker, do you have a suit that's pretty enough to wear to a wedding?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Flanker posted:

I have a nice tan one and a lovely black one. My uniform is growing a nice healthy rack of medals though...

That works for me.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

helno posted:

RA centre in Ottawa doesnt rent guns per se but has an assortment of guns that can be used by members if they buy ammo from the club. Memebers do not need to have a PAL but it is an expensive club to join and has pretty lovely hours.

My current club has its ups and downs. Temmiskaming bullseye club
I just hope they don't poo poo themselves if I show up with my AR-15

Cons
-Took a long time to get an ATT
-had to wait for a member to die to get a key
-average members age is late 60's
-middle of nowhere northern ontario
-no action shooting sports
-Executive sucks the CFO's cock

Pros
-not a bunch of fudds as I expected
-dont have to shoot with the old guys
-range has no hours of operation (yay night shooting)

Holy poo poo look who it is. I haven't heard from you forever.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Wisdom posted:

I figured as much.

I don't know about anybody else, but if I'm doing some cross-country driving, I feel safer having a weapon in the vehicle. If I wanted to cross into Canada, are there places where I could safely check a weapon before crossing the border and pick it up on the way back?

Yeah, in most places. Where would you be crossing? I only really have experience at the Alberta border crossings.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Wisdom posted:

I'm not sure, probably at Deluth. But perhaps heading to Toronto at Salt Ste Marie. I wonder if there are places to stow things that are more or less recommended? Boy I bet those places are under surveillance if there is.. huh?

Hmmm. I don't really know any places out east. I could definitely recommend a place for you if you were crossing in Montana, but I doubt you'll be coming all the way out here.

haha, if they are or aren't, I couldn't tell you. Criminal charges aren't my style.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Canuckistan posted:

This thread has inspired me to finally fill out my PAL application form and send it in. I did the exams over 5 years ago

Victory!

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

devilsbite posted:

Yea, if it's a family cabin it (the gun) can live there. With a pal I could bring ammo up. I haven't looked up the specifics/quantities, but getting a PAL is kind of like being a nonresident alien gun guy. I like that.

You're going to want to be very careful about bringing ammunition or firearms parts across the border. The USA has very very restrictive export regulations concerning ammunition, and we couldn't even get a straight answer from the Americans about whether it was legal to bring any ammunition across. You'll want to clarify that before you commit a felony or something.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Nine Lives posted:

what the gently caress is hoppes #9

Jesus loving christ man.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Gtab posted:

Your mystic Google powers do not scare me witchdoctor. When you sleep and your enchanted turtleshell protects you no more, that is when I will strike.

Must make sure you keep quiet cause if you wake me up you better know I have an airsoft gun in my room and I'm not afraid to use it.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Gtab posted:

gently caress. Always one step ahead of me.

My tribe will remember this. We will sing of your cruelty to the wolves of the north.

Fear our western sled dogs. We will seek vengeance. You know our custom.

I don't fear your tribe or your dogs. I have carefully posed pictures of myself in a UTG Assault Vest.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Decks posted:

I just got my non-restricted PAL in the mail.

Where's an ok place to buy an M39 Mosin-Nagant on the West Coast (or does it even matter where I buy it from?)

Mosin? Doesn't matter where you buy it. Lever Arms probably wouldn't be a bad choice.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

ductonius posted:

Fortunately it's nowhere near as muddy as that. Unless there's a specific ban on shooting where you're shooting then it's alright. Cities usually ban discharge of firearms within their limits. Restricted firearms can only be shot on ranges. That's really all I can think of off the top of my head. Common sense still applies too. Check out google earth to see if there's any thing for a few kilometers in the direction you want to shoot.

This is mostly correct. Legal places to shoot are determined by provincial and municipal law for non-restricted guns. As a general rule of thumb, as long as you're outside of a municipality, you're okay. Otherwise, make sure you have a solid backstop (Trees don't loving count) and you're good to go.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Coxswain Balls posted:

Hey Drakerider, I saw in another thread that you said you worked in Customs, and I've got a question about that. When I ordered a 10/22 barrel and stock last year from a dude in Washington with express shipping, it got holed up in Customs for a goddamn month, and ever since then a lot more of my packages seem to get stuck there for anywhere from a few days to a few weeks while I pay for the privilege of having it torn apart. Have I been put on some sort of list that ensures that everything I get from the US waits a while extra to get ripped to poo poo? I have a foreign sounding name and all, too.

I used to work for them. Not anymore. Things get held up in Customs all the time. Sometimes there's a reason, sometimes it's because they're just really busy.

Also, I couldn't really tell you if you're on a list or not because:
a) I worked at a Land Border Crossing and I know absolutely nothing about Postal.
b) If I did know something about Postal and lists/lack of lists, I still wouldn't tell you because I signed a non-disclosure agreement that's legally binding.

Sorry I can't help more. However, as a heads up - basically any gun part being shipped from the USA to Canada right now requires an import and export permit. This is an American regulation, not Canadian. And yes, this includes stocks, magazines, hardware, barrels and almost anything else you can think of. The old $100 limit thing apparently doesn't pull weight anymore, and they've arbitrarily declared all firearms parts "major parts." I'd be so so happy if someone could tell me I'm wrong on this.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

In order to have a prohibited license, which is required to own prohibited guns, you must have had one of those types of guns licensed to you before 1998. As an individual, there is only one way that you can receive a prohibited firearm. That's as a 12(7) inheritance. It has to be directly from a family member, and it has to be a 12(6) handgun manufactured before 1946.

That's how I got this little guy:

Besides that, I guess you could get a dealer's license, which would allow you to possess and distribute prohibited firearms and devices (Magazines, silencers, etc) on your business's license. But you could never own them as an individual.

It sucks. I know.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Jack Ketch posted:

I was just wondering, if I'm making a purchase from a retailer whom I've never done business with, do I need to fax a copy of my PAL to them or can I just give the number over the phone/email? I figure I'll have to fax a copy but I am unsure.

DrakeriderCa do you guys at MilArm still have a few Svt-40s in stock and do you ship firearms, wondering since I'm stuck in lovely Ontario.

Like Beaver_Cheese said, it's up to the store. We don't need a copy of the license - just the number and expiry date. If it's a restricted firearm, we'll need a faxed copy of your club membership.

And yeah, we should definitely still have some SVT-40's. We got 20 of them on Tuesday, and I doubt they're all gone. Yes, we ship firearms, on our business rate through Canada Post, so it isn't super crazy expensive. If you're really interested, PM me and we can figure something out.

Cut Like Knives - I have a two step solution to your problem.
1) Sell toy guns.
2) Buy real guns.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Coxswain Balls posted:

Downside is that it's by Winnipeg in Manitoba, so I dunno how many people would be willing to go there. Upside is that it's smack in the middle of the country, so no-one has to drive way the hell to the other end of Canada.

I'm in your neck of the woods that whole month (not by choice), so we could meet up at the very least. Depends on how close to Winnipeg it is, since I won't have my own transport there. I get the feeling that Flanker will be making a stop in that area anyways though.

If we do decide to meet up in BC or AB (Edmonton? Anyone? ) I can try to get out for the weekend. I'll probably end up spending most of my time on the train though.

Ductonius: Keep in mind that basically all firearms parts coming out of the states now require an export license. The $100 law has apparently gone by the wayside.

DrakeriderCa fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 28, 2008

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

I've said it before, but any active TFR poster that wants to come out and shoot with me and the other Edmonton TFR Goons is welcome, as long as I'm alive and in town. However, if you guys make the drive in June, I won't be around. Any other time, and I'm game.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

NosmoKing posted:

Let's just pretend that I'm a US citizen who owns property in Ontario (because I do).

What do I have to do to keep firearms on my property? It's in a very rural area on the Gananoque river between the lake and Marble Rock dam. We're friends with a resort owner up there and he could be the custodian of the firearms while we aren't there (ours is a seasonal place).

I would like to keep a shotgun and a .22 LR chambered bolt action rifle on the property while I'm there or my parents are there.

That's the other thing. My parents and I jointly own the property now. They are retired and are there WAY more often than I am. Does dear old dad need to have whatever crazy licencing you require as well as me? Does every adult who wishes to use the gun need the licencing as well? Mom's a hell of a shot.

The .22 would be for plinking and pest control. The shotgun would be because we're 20 minutes by boat from the nearest landing. 911 isn't exactly a phone call away and the property was broken into and trashed once in the past. Assholes with boats abound and I'd like to be able to respond with more than harsh language.

Ideally, both you and your parents should get PAL's. You'd be okay with just a non-restricted one, as long as you don't want to keep handguns or SBRs/SBSs up there. It really isn't that big of a deal. A day-long course and the easiest test you'll write in your life. And probably somewhere in the range of $100 in funny money, per person.

Flanker is right when he says that an unlicensed person can only use firearms within the control of a licensed person. So, anyone who wants to use firearms unsupervised should get a license. You can always contact the CFC for more info if you need to. Just check out the OP. In my experience, they're pretty good to deal with.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Jack Ketch posted:

Thanks a ton, DrakeriderCA, I can't wait for that hot SVT-40 to arrive in the mail.

Now to find some 7.62x54 in bulk for cheap, and maybe a decent digital camera.

No problem man. I'm always glad to help out another goon. Hell, after looking at the SVT's we had in, I set one aside for myself!

Also, you should tell Cyrano what you paid for it just to get his blood pressure up.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Jack Ketch posted:

Probably shouldn't mention that I saw on Frontier Taxidermy & Firearms SVTs for $439.95, but who knows what the quality would be.

Hm. No kidding, eh? I didn't know that. Our stuff is pretty nice. Excellent condition besides the forced matches.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Millow posted:

I'm slipping down this slope really loving fast. I just bought my first gun a 2 weeks ago, a 10/22 and I haven't even fired it yet (going to on april 11th). I've already bought a mosin off of CGN, and preordered an SKS from SIR. I really can't afford this.

You'll find a way. We all did.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

I wouldn't jump on any of those right away. They aren't super deals. You should be able to find a nice used Wingmaster on the EE for about $300, or a used Express for around $250. You just have to be quick with it - 870's go fast.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

beaver_Cheese: I require a picture that contains both the Grizzly and your beard so that I can discern which is truly burlier.

Jack Ketch posted:

I got something in the mail today, and boy is it AWESOME.

I just wish the oiler didn't erupt inside the bag containing the sling and cleaning kit stuff, but what does it matter since the SVT-40 is in great condition from what I can tell.

I'll try to find my digital camera and maybe throw a few pictures up, but I can't make a promise since the camera is utter poo poo.

Thanks a ton Drake I love it

Glad to hear it got there so fast. Sorry about the oiler - our girl in the back is Romanian and new.

On a related note, I have put my own on my personal layaway, so it should be mine in a paycheque or two.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Jack Ketch posted:

Eh, no worries about the mess since I've got to learn how to clean up that poo poo anyways, I do like the copper coloured bolt though, looks classy.

Doesn't seem that there is much cosmoline on/in the rifle, maybe I was lucky or in your opinion was it filled with the goop? Just wondering since it doesn't really have much of a smell.

Almost no cosmo in them at all, really. They're all pretty clean, just with some arsenal oil in there. Easily cleaned. PM me if you need ammo too. I might have a guy lined up for about .75c a round.

Edit to fit in with the crowd: Send nudes to me for screening. If they are satisfactory, I will refuse to forward them to Gtab.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Chunderbucket: $550, and they're gorgeous. Ask Jack Ketch.

Millow: Nobody that I know still has it by the case. I found a guy selling it loose for .75c a round. That's as good as it gets so far.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Yeah, I got it too. What a pack of loving tools.

Nine Lives posted:

Emigration time

Hahahaha, if it was that easy, you'd be living in a box at the foot of Gtab's bed already.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Nine Lives posted:

Or he'd be building my house. One of the two.

I already know which one it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Nine Lives posted:

Tell him to build the wood and get in line with my illegal immigrants, then. I'll be around shortly

And apparently you don't.

Reported you for hirin illegals. Wait for the knock at the door.