Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devilsbite
Apr 29, 2005

9mm

Wanted to give thanks to my neighbors from the north for this thread. My uncle owns some property in Canada with a bear scarred cabin on a lake. He's under the impression that he's not allowed to keep a shotgun at the cabin as bear medicine. Now I have the info & educational materials he'll need.

The really cool thing about Canadian law is that we US citizens can get a PAL & register our un-restricted guns.

Looks like I owe Walrusguy an apology, a Norinco M14 is a possibility...I just have to check the US import rules.

I've got a caribou hunt tentatively scheduled for 2011 way the hell north; now I've got the lowdown on getting my 30-06 up there. I also hear you guys have a lot of black bear that need to die .

edit:

Flanker posted:

Your name and avatar win my affection. Where are you?

Speaking of such; I wanted to compliment you on T.F.D. but didn't want to give you the wrong idea about me. If we get together in April for a shoot my rear end is off limits. ok, you can pinch it

devilsbite fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 20, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilsbite
Apr 29, 2005

9mm

Yea, if it's a family cabin it (the gun) can live there. With a pal I could bring ammo up. I haven't looked up the specifics/quantities, but getting a PAL is kind of like being a nonresident alien gun guy. I like that.

edit: I'm captain left field sometimes. There's a gunmeet upcoming in Indiana...I haven't seen the thread in a while but I'm optimistic. Gay humor is Canadian heritage right? I watched a lot of Kids In The Hall.

devilsbite fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 20, 2008

devilsbite
Apr 29, 2005

9mm

I've read through the Fact Sheet and if I'm understanding it correctly; my uncle, a US citizen, can acquire his PAL, purchase an 870* here (US) and legally store the non-restricted firearm, registered, in Canada for 5 years. If at the end of 5 years he decides not to renew his PAL he can sell it in Canada.

*whatever you guys think he should buysell you in 5 years

edit: as far as US export for personal use I've come up with ITAR 123.17, but the source is from 97. Doesn't sound like much of a problem though.

devilsbite fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 23, 2008