Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I was just wondering, if I'm making a purchase from a retailer whom I've never done business with, do I need to fax a copy of my PAL to them or can I just give the number over the phone/email? I figure I'll have to fax a copy but I am unsure.

DrakeriderCa do you guys at MilArm still have a few Svt-40s in stock and do you ship firearms, wondering since I'm stuck in lovely Ontario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

beaver_cheese posted:

It's basically up to the store. I've had to do both. I just bought a shotgun from Demal Services and they just needed my number. When I got my first gun from Ellwood Epps they asked me to fax a copy.

Oh cool, thanks for the info.
Bought my first rifle from Epps but I walked in since I was up there on vacation, nice guys and a nice selection of guns.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cut Like Knives posted:

Any more LondonONGoons?

I wish I could move out west, but I guess London isn't so bad, seems like a number of Goons in London but I've never gone to a meet. Then again I'm in Lambeth so we don't get bus service and I hate driving downtown

Edit: DrakeriderCA, I'll probably send you a PM later tonight after work, awesome.

Jack Ketch fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 27, 2008

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I've heard that East Elgin Sportsmen's Association's range in Aylmer is pretty good, also heard that Crumlin is full of old guys with deer guns that have problems with black rifles, but who knows since most of this is second hand info.

We should try to get a London meet together at some point for a laugh.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Thanks a ton, DrakeriderCA, I can't wait for that hot SVT-40 to arrive in the mail.

Now to find some 7.62x54 in bulk for cheap, and maybe a decent digital camera.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Probably shouldn't mention that I saw on Frontier Taxidermy & Firearms SVTs for $439.95, but who knows what the quality would be.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I got something in the mail today, and boy is it AWESOME.

I just wish the oiler didn't erupt inside the bag containing the sling and cleaning kit stuff, but what does it matter since the SVT-40 is in great condition from what I can tell.

I'll try to find my digital camera and maybe throw a few pictures up, but I can't make a promise since the camera is utter poo poo.

Thanks a ton Drake I love it

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Eh, no worries about the mess since I've got to learn how to clean up that poo poo anyways, I do like the copper coloured bolt though, looks classy.

Doesn't seem that there is much cosmoline on/in the rifle, maybe I was lucky or in your opinion was it filled with the goop? Just wondering since it doesn't really have much of a smell.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

mikerock posted:

ahaha yes the canadian SVT club grows

Would she be interested in holding my SVT?

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

FullMetalJacket posted:

could someone recommend me a good shop in or around london, On?

There's CK gunroom and Gobles but I haven't used or been to either, been meaning to, may go next week, I'll let you know how it goes.

Heard both were decent from the instructor I had, if that counts.

Edit: Living in London, or outside London? Just wondering since I'm in Lambeth.

Jack Ketch fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 6, 2008

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

FullMetalJacket posted:

in london. I remember two shops i've visited, one by the airport and the other on the east end of dundas by the beer store. Are those the ones you mention of? i also remember one that was on wharncliffe that closed a few years ago.

Yeah, that's them, shame the Wharncliffe shop closed, was supposed to have been a great place.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Well that Sucks, how will I shoot my new SVT-40 now? My Commie hopes and dreams are dashed.

Perhaps SIR mail order still has a little?

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Canada Day! Time to set some money aside for some tracers and an SKS or something.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I just ordered a Grizzly 12.5" shotgun from Canada Ammo on the weekend and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the shotgun or anything I should be wary of. I did read a bit on CGN but I understood why it seems like it's safer to stick to the EE.

Just was wondering if I wasted $300, or if I picked up something nice for a decent price.

Anyone notice the three FALs Ellwood Epps just got in? Oh how I wish I had prohibited on the license.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

beaver_cheese posted:

I've got a Grizzly and I love it. I'm pretty sure the deal with the pistol grip is that it's ok to use and doesn't change the status. I might be remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with having to change the stock with tools and the way the law is worded. I may be way off base. I remember reading that back when they first came out.

They're great guns and I'm sure you wont regret buying one. The only problem I've noticed is that the finish comes off pretty easily. Nothing major, but still a little annoying.

Now that I think back to what I read in the dealer thread on them, someone was mentioning throwing a folding or M4 type stock on them straight out of the box and a Mod? Admin? stepped in and raged about how that'd be illegal but due to the wording of the law the pistol grip is cool, doubt it'd fly if pulled over or something though. Mind you I'm just going off of poo poo I read on CGN.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

PS90 group buy fiasco?
I think I remember seeing a thread way back about getting some ps90s but didn't check up on it, did an importer or somebody gently caress it up and go to jail or run with people's money or something?

I hope it's ok to ask about.

Maybe slidebite thought the shirt was cool looking, like back in highschool when wolf/dragon button up shirts were seen as cool by some folks?

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah just dumps me at a Plesk domain default page.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

sailorjosh posted:

How about an SKS turned into a FAL?

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262602

Holy poo poo that's cool, in a weird way but poo poo it would be the only way I'd have something like a FAL.

On the Pro-gun liberal front, I may not totally agree with some of the Conservative's views but gently caress if I'd vote for another party that would ban/restrict a hobby that I'm just getting into after years of loving guns/militaria.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I was thinking of blowing some cash on a non-restricted CZ 858 and I noticed that Milarm had a package deal of $850 for the rifle and 1120 rounds of 7.62x39.

What I am wondering, is the barrel chrome-lined or does that matter if kept clean, and would it be a good buy or should I just pickup the rifle alone? I figure the shipping/hazmat fees? would rape me, though I'm really not sure. (living in Ontario)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I've got a bit of an odd question, figured I'd ask you guys. My uncle looks to be going through a rather lovely divorce in the near future. It sounds like he was arrested for assault last saturday I guess and the OPP came and confiscated his guns.
I'm going to assume that it's not possible to get those back right, since he'll no longer be licensed? Would it be possible to get them transferred to me? or are they pretty much gone since I'm just a nephew etc?