Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Whats the deal with getting your permission to own prohib poo poo, do you need to have already owned one or have someone transfer one to you or what? Its impossible to get in most circumstances right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

DrakeriderCa posted:

Holy poo poo. Canada Ammo has answered a lot of dreams earlier today. They're bringing the Norinco Model 97 in this fall/winter for $875 shipped, free shipping ( ) and with a free scope mount if you put down a $100 deposit. They're going to be non-restricted (475mm barrel) and built just for CanAm.

Jesus I really want one of these now, especially if it's just $875. Lever has them for $1450, and our store had one in for $1500. Crazy. poo poo, I'll probably be putting up the money soon.

Sounds awesome, but if Im going restricted I want the shorty.

Anyways, what are the laws in BC for where I can drive out to nowhere to fire my guns off? Outside city limits? In some sort of bushy area where nobody will ever see me? Sail out to the floating McBarge and shoot old McDonalds trays from 1987? What are my options.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

If im not going to have my proper PAL until October, would it be worth pre-ordering one of those Type 97s since they wont be here until December? I guess if something did come up I could sell my spot off in the line or something.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Coxswain Balls posted:

They ask for your PAL info when you order, so you may run into problems with that.

gently caress, theres probably no way Im getting my hands on one then. They'll all sell out and everybody will sit on them forever or resell them at a markup.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Lobstermagnet posted:

I'm sort of new to firearms still (also this is my first time posting in TFR). I'm thinking of going small and working my way up to bigger long arms and was wondering what would be a good .22LR? Since, from what I can tell, I'm a miserable shot, a semi-auto would probably be my best bet to help me work on that. I've read about the Ruger 10/22 and the Marlin Model 60 but I want my first rifle to be sort of unique, thats when I found the Norinco JW-14, a nice little carbine that is still pretty long by carbine standards and takes Marlin mags. So does anyone here have any experience with the JW-14? Is it a good 'first rifle'? Also, why has Marstar been out of a lot of Norinco stuff for so long? Sorry if these questions get asked a lot, its just that the thread is very long

Marstar is out of everything forever it seems. Where are you located exactly?

slidebite posted:

No they don't, or at least they didn't with mine. I just had to check a box that I am aware I'll have to supply it. And it was processed (online) at that.

I would be somewhat surprised if they didn't want to take is $100 right now even though he's a PAL virgin. They've got nothing to lose really.

Eh, I'll give it a shot when I get paid. See what happens. Probably throw them an email or something.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Is there anyway to get a drat Makarov in Canada?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Lobstermagnet posted:

Norinco makes clones of the PM (M59 as they call it), although I'm not sure where abouts you'd go for one though. Of course if you'e only looking for used, genuine Makarovs than thats something else completely

Nah I just want a Makarov pattern gun. I've never seen one for sale though.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Yeah but somebody made some with a longer barrel. My uncle had one kicking around awhile ago.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Well, is there any way I can arrange to have a Makarov imported sans barrel and get a custom one made or bring an extended .380 one in from the US or what?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

mikerock posted:

Reliable might be up for importing.

Link? Im putting a huge blob of cash aside for October as the day I get my PAL Im ordering a ton of poo poo online and going down to Lever and buying something to keep me busy until they show up.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Wow so Lever isn't the only shop by me.

Also what the gently caress is the deal with ATTs, do I need to call EVERY time I want to move a restricted gun? Or is it like a once a month deal.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

CGNs equipment exchange is pretty sweet except the guys trying to sell mosins and SKSs for 300 dollars.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Holy poo poo, Im glad I got bored and went through the retailers and found the guy importing new FEG KGP9s for 1400 bucks. If I can't find a Skorpion for cheaper im totally grabbing one of those in October. I can only imagine the fun phone call when that thing hits customs though.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Heres the dude with the FEGs, hes also got a never fired CZ-91 but thats a bit pricey. I imagine most pistol ranges would let me shoot that FEG no problem as its 9x19?

http://astorarms.ca/restricted_long_guns.htm

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

How do I buy this thing.

http://www.baikalcanada.com/pistols_sport.htm

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

helno posted:

http://www.baikalcanada.com/partners.htm

Call up one of the partners for your province?

Wow, I should've clicked that button.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

I really hate how provinces have opted out of the firearms act but they didn't loving get out of it.

gently caress the firearms act, gently caress Canada.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Cruster! posted:

Non-restricted

Restricted

What do you figure the most important poo poo to read over here is?

Also what are the rules for face to face transfers in Canada?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Can I apply for my PAL in BC exactly 28 days before my 18th birthday so my background check ends the day I turn 18 and I get that poo poo or what?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

I heard that BCs is fairly awesome and not retarded.

Well If I'm going to wait another month on top of this I'll go blow this gun money on stupid poo poo,

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

7.62x39 is usually regarded as a pretty good deer round. A CZ-858 would do well I'd imagine and so would an SKS if you felt like putting one of those horrible pistol grip stocks on it.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

I'm surprised this took so long to get out, I live in Surrey and read this in the paper months ago.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

Sorry to hear that.

At least you live close to some of the dirtiest girls I've ever known.

Too bad im gay like Gtab.

Surrey has a lot of pluses though.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Gtab posted:

No it doesnt

Come on theres a FEW.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

So uhh, say the conservatives win. Is there any chance of poo poo that sucks being made less sucky.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

Such as?

Oh come on I think you know what I mean.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

Actually, I'm not trying to be dense.. but no, I'm not sure I know what you mean.
You mean gun laws already on the books or are you talking about other poo poo?

Give me a hint. I might be able to answer your question.

I want an AK.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

Well, I would actually be really surprised if they relaxed the current prohib list. That would probably be seen as a little too pro-gun for their comfort. However, I think it is likely nothing will be added and indeed it would be the death knell to the registry. They will kill it once and for all. I have little doubt of that.

I guess there is a possibility of a total re-writing of the gun laws from the ground up. If that happens I suppose there is a chance that they'll become available again, but I would certainly not want to bet on it.

Buy a 858 and be loving happy.

Find a way to make a Krinkov 858 and yeah.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

I want an AK too... Actually, I want an FAL more so. But, if I get the Chinese Bullpup I think I'll be happy for a while.

The only gun I honestly REALLY want is a Skorpion. Its the first thing im buying online once I get my PAL.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Mikerock I'll probably be coming to visit you at lever soon.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

mikerock posted:

Haha I am mostly in this for the discount and the cash I am going to put towards my trip to Germany next year.

I also like hanging around my local shop all day and fondling guns.

I'll give you 50 bucks to let me hold that NDM off the wall.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

mikerock posted:

You have to have a PAL before you can touch anything, sorry

Well I'm not going to be coming in until I get my PAL in a few weeks.

Do you still have that used Beretta for like 375 bucks?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

There was one in a case by some AK mags and poo poo and some old prohib pistol for sub 400. I want it so bad.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Somebody rammed a doorknob through the eye of the picture of some brown dude whos the liberal candidate by where I live or some poo poo. It was pretty great.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Hey mikerock, does Lever still have that Oly M4 carbine thingamajig with the carry handle rail mount in?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Gtab posted:

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you never said it was Olympic.

Do you know HOW BAD Olympic AR15s are? They are bolt actions.

Good then I can have a thirty round mag.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

mikerock posted:

it's still there and it's not a carbine

Sorry, it was awhile ago, I may take a look at it when I'm in there if its still kicking around.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

mikerock posted:

12(4) Uzi

Jesus loving christ I need to see that.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

One of you faggots buy this, my Skorpion will need a boyfriend.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269195

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

Buy that instead of a Skorpion.

I would it it wouldn't end up costing a few hundred more and the Skorpion wasn't my favorite gun. I'd rather have a Skorpion with a shitton of ammo and some kind of Oko sight than the MAC look-alike. Although both are wicked.