Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself
drat, I can't find any proof that it's possible to install SABnzbd+ on FreeNAS. I really want a usenet client to run on my file server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

complex
Sep 16, 2003

Grayham posted:

drat, I can't find any proof that it's possible to install SABnzbd+ on FreeNAS. I really want a usenet client to run on my file server.

It is appears possible. If you do a "Full Install" of a recent FreeNAS release you get a "System/Packages" option in the WebGUI. From there you just feed it the package you want to install. You may have to resolve dependencies manually (i.e. grab all the packages that sabnzbdplus depends on). I've never done this, just researched it a bit.

http://www.freenas.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=24 - release of System/Packages option
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/news/sabnzbdplus/ - port of sabnzbplus
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/Latest/ - where you might have to grab packages from

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

complex posted:

It is appears possible. If you do a "Full Install" of a recent FreeNAS release you get a "System/Packages" option in the WebGUI. From there you just feed it the package you want to install. You may have to resolve dependencies manually (i.e. grab all the packages that sabnzbdplus depends on). I've never done this, just researched it a bit.

http://www.freenas.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=24 - release of System/Packages option
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/news/sabnzbdplus/ - port of sabnzbplus
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/Latest/ - where you might have to grab packages from

Thanks.

Actually, right now I don't have access to my server. I'm just screwing around with FreeNAS on my Macbook Pro with VMware Fusion 2 Beta. I'll give it a try.

Also, I don't have any experience with BSD, just a little Linux so this is all a little new to me.

EDIT: Ok, I installed the SABnzbd+ package from the WebGUI but now I have no idea how to start and access SABnzbd+'s WebGUI.

Grayham fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 29, 2008

complex
Sep 16, 2003

Looks like you just run SABnzbd.py, and it starts listening on port 8080 by default.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

complex posted:

Looks like you just run SABnzbd.py, and it starts listening on port 8080 by default.

Ok, first I can't seem to find where SABnzbd.py is located and second, I tried installing the package again and noticed the result:

code:
Package 'sabnzbdplus-0.3.0' depends on 'python25-2.5.2_2' with 'lang/python25' origin.
Package 'sabnzbdplus-0.3.0' depends on 'py25-cherrypy-old-2.2.1,1' with 'www/py-cherrypy-old' origin.
Package 'sabnzbdplus-0.3.0' depends on 'py25-chardet-1.0.1' with 'textproc/py-chardet' origin.
Package 'sabnzbdplus-0.3.0' depends on 'py25-feedparser-4.1_2' with 'textproc/py-feedparser' origin.
Package 'sabnzbdplus-0.3.0' depends on 'py25-utils-0.2.5' with 'devel/py-utils' origin.
Package 'sabnzbdplus-0.3.0' depends on 'py25-setuptools-0.6c8' with 'devel/py-setuptools' origin.
Package 'sabnzbdplus-0.3.0' depends on 'py25-elementtree-1.2.6' with 'devel/py-elementtree' origin.
Package 'sabnzbdplus-0.3.0' depends on 'py25-cheetah-2.0.1' with 'devel/py-cheetah' origin.
Package 'sabnzbdplus-0.3.0' depends on 'py25-cElementTree-1.0.5_1' with 'devel/py-celementtree' origin.
Package 'sabnzbdplus-0.3.0' depends on 'unrar-3.80.b1,5' with 'archivers/unrar' origin.
Package 'sabnzbdplus-0.3.0' depends on 'par2cmdline-0.4_1' with 'archivers/par2cmdline' origin.
Does this mean I need to install all of those packages first?

complex
Sep 16, 2003

Grayham posted:

Does this mean I need to install all of those packages first?

Yes. For the full dependency tree see http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portdependencytree.py?category=news&portname=sabnzbdplus

Also, these questions are probably better asked in the Ultimate BSD Thread.

Expiration Date
Jun 6, 2008
are you able to install things on unraid?

specifically sabnzd+ but I suppose other things would be useful at some point as well...

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Toiletbrush posted:

After resilvering, ZFS accounts for the smallest disk in the vdev. A mirror made from a 250GB and 500GB disk results in a 250GB mirror. If you replace the 250GB disk with a 500GB, you finally get the other unused 250GB.

So I am right in assuming that if I have, say, 4x750GB drives, I get 3x750GB space. I then replace them 1 by 1 with 1TB drives, letting the array rebuild itself each time. After I replace the 4th, I should automagically see 3TB of space appear, yes?

If so, gently caress yes. That's what I wanted t know and was hoping would happen, and that is glorious and amazing.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Crazy idea - raid-z guys, back me up (or tell me I'm crazy!)

So, right now I have the following disks:

320G
250G
250G

The 250s are currently holding all my data in a striped configuration (nothing particularly critical, don't need feedback on the stupidness of this arrangement). the 320 is free. I wish to build a 4 drive raidz configuration that will eventually hold all my data. I would like to use these disks + 1 more. My parents want another disk for one of their boxes, so I was figuring here's an opportunity to buy a couple disks, sell them one of the 250s, and then use the 250+320+2 new disks in my new box/array. However, I'm at a loss at how to transfer the data over.

If I can find another disk, I could use the 320, the two new drives, and the temp drive to build the raidz. Transfer the data over, and then remove the temp drive, swapping it for the extra 250. I'm hoping the raid will begin rebuilding onto the 250. My main box has a mirrored 74 gig raptor (rar!) system disk - I could break the raid, and use the disk for a while (I've done this before with no ill effects, when the disk is returned it syncs up and all is well). With a 320g, 750g x 2, and a 74g, I anticipate seeing ~215g. This, plus a few other machines, plus some dvds, ought to be enough to shuffle my data around. Later on, when I need space and have money (aka the stars align) I'd like to swap the 250, and eventually the 320, for bigger 750g drives. I anticipate this giving me ~750 gigs from the start, ~960g after replacing the 320g, and 2.2T after replacing the 320g.

Based on my reading on raidz, all of this should be possible (and relatively easy after I get the knack of it!). Does this jive with your understanding? I hate spending money and making plans when I don't fully understand zfs, and I won't fully understand it until I've spent money on parts and played with it some. :( It is a bit of a chicken and an egg situation, if you understand.

CeciPipePasPipe
Aug 18, 2004
This pipe not pipe!!

Delta-Wye posted:

and I won't fully understand it until I've spent money on parts and played with it some. :( It is a bit of a chicken and an egg situation, if you understand.

Couldn't you just install a ZFS capable OS in a virtual machine and attach some small virtual hard drives to play around with right now? Or even just raid a couple of loopback-device-mounted files?

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

CeciPipePasPipe posted:

Couldn't you just install a ZFS capable OS in a virtual machine and attach some small virtual hard drives to play around with right now? Or even just raid a couple of loopback-device-mounted files?
Which virtualization software would you use for this? I've been trying to do a similar thing with physical disks in VMWare 1.x and it'll only recognize the first 128 GB of each drive.

CeciPipePasPipe
Aug 18, 2004
This pipe not pipe!!

porkface posted:

Which virtualization software would you use for this? I've been trying to do a similar thing with physical disks in VMWare 1.x and it'll only recognize the first 128 GB of each drive.

Why do you need such huge volumes or physical disks even? If you just want to play around with a RAID solution to get a feeling for how its tools work and how it handles failures, surely a couple of 1GB "drives" would be more than enough.

In fact, before I sat up linux MD raid5 for real for the first time, I dd'ed in 5x10mb files from /dev/zero, attached them to the loopback file device thingies (man losetup) and assembled an array out of those.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

CeciPipePasPipe posted:

Why do you need such huge volumes or physical disks even? If you just want to play around with a RAID solution to get a feeling for how its tools work and how it handles failures, surely a couple of 1GB "drives" would be more than enough.

In fact, before I sat up linux MD raid5 for real for the first time, I dd'ed in 5x10mb files from /dev/zero, attached them to the loopback file device thingies (man losetup) and assembled an array out of those.
I want to switch from a hardware-based FreeBSD network storage and router system to a virtualized Linux network storage and router running on my primary desktop (WinXP) to reduce the number of computers I have running at home.

I may migrate it back to hardware at some point, but I have too many other things to spend money on right now so that's at least 6 months out.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

porkface posted:

You ever have one of those moments where you go "drat, thats a good idea... I should have come up with that!"

http://blog.sourcehosting.net/2008/03/18/freebsd-70-vmware-image/ + vmware player = testing.

Now if only I knew the mobo I want to use supported freebsd - something tells me it probably doesn't. :(

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Nam Taf posted:

So I am right in assuming that if I have, say, 4x750GB drives, I get 3x750GB space. I then replace them 1 by 1 with 1TB drives, letting the array rebuild itself each time. After I replace the 4th, I should automagically see 3TB of space appear, yes?
Yes.

Delta-Wye posted:

:words:
That's sure some drive fuckery. Remember that any drive you swap has to have the same amount of sectors or more than the smallest drive in the RAID-Z. You can always go up, but not down. Once you swapped the 75GB drive with a 250GB one, you can't do it again the other way.

I say same amount of sectors. If you were to replace a 250GB drive with another one, which is however a bunch of sectors smaller due to manufacturer geometry differences, ZFS will tell you to go screw yourself.

You have to manually replace the drive. If you remove it before inserting the new drive, it'll report the drive missing. It's zpool replace pool olddev newdev.

PS, you can't boot from RAID-Z (yet). You'll be needing a small boot drive.

Delta-Wye posted:

Now if only I knew the mobo I want to use supported freebsd - something tells me it probably doesn't. :(
Buy the mainboard and try. It's very unlikely that it won't be supported. If at all, you may have to resort buying a dedicated network card because the onboard junk's not (properly) supported. Anything else uses standard interfaces, OHCI and EHCI for USB, AHCI for SATA, and so on.

Also, try going with Solaris first, before trying FreeBSD. If you're serious about using a ZFS fileserver, you should go with the native environment, if you value stability. It isn't a big scary beast.

The OpenSolaris image, which coincidentally has a very nice and friendly installer on its LiveCD, will be updated shortly with new bits. It's a 700MB live CD, that also has a device detection tool, so you can see if everything's supported before installing.

I'm running Solaris on a X48 mainboard, with NVidia card, bunch of drives, a Xonar DX, a PCIe Intel NIC and all's well supported and hardware accelerated where available.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 2, 2008

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Toiletbrush posted:

:words:

Thanks for the info. I've used Linux extensively, and OpenBSD and FreeBSD less so (although I like them a bit better) but the few minutes I sat in front of Solaris made me want to kill myself. Perhaps I ought to suck it up and try again!

I'm going to try and build a Chenbro ES34069 mini-itx NAS, which has room for four SATA drives and 1 2.5" drive (which I already have). The 2.5" will be the system disk.

The only mini-itx board I can find with 4 onboard SATA at newegg is the Jetway JNC62K - beyond the obvious "its a Jetway, duh" I can't find any info involving Linux or Freebsd, let alone Solaris.

roflsaurus
Jun 5, 2004

GAOooooooh!! RAOR!!!
With a linux software raid array, how would I go about re-installing the base os? if i had a separate IDE OS drive, and a 3 750gb SATA drives in RAID-5, could I just reformat the IDE drive, re-install linux and it would pick up the raid like it was already there, or do I have to issue some commands to mount it?

I was probably thinking of ubuntu server as the base os, but may want to re-install a different distro at a later date.

complex
Sep 16, 2003

roflsaurus posted:

With a linux software raid array, how would I go about re-installing the base os? if i had a separate IDE OS drive, and a 3 750gb SATA drives in RAID-5, could I just reformat the IDE drive, re-install linux and it would pick up the raid like it was already there, or do I have to issue some commands to mount it?

I was probably thinking of ubuntu server as the base os, but may want to re-install a different distro at a later date.

To tell the OS about the drive just save the contents on /etc/fstab.

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null

roflsaurus posted:

I have this exact setup, debian installed on a 250GB IDE and a software raid5 done with mdadm of 3 x 750 GB SATA drives.

I also just yesterday resintalled Debian. All i did was format and reinstall back onto the OS drive, leaving the 3 750gb drives alone, then once i was back in the os, apt-get install mdadm, and it detected and rebuilt /dev/md0 on its own, then it was just a matter of adding a line to fstab.

roflsaurus
Jun 5, 2004

GAOooooooh!! RAOR!!!

WickedMetalHead posted:

I have this exact setup, debian installed on a 250GB IDE and a software raid5 done with mdadm of 3 x 750 GB SATA drives.

I also just yesterday resintalled Debian. All i did was format and reinstall back onto the OS drive, leaving the 3 750gb drives alone, then once i was back in the os, apt-get install mdadm, and it detected and rebuilt /dev/md0 on its own, then it was just a matter of adding a line to fstab.

That's exactly what I needed to here. I'll probably give it a test in a VM first, but yeah, it was the only issue I was concerned about.

Also, what do you guys use for automatic monitoring on headless boxes? I was thinking of writing a cron script to check drive status / usage, but also maybe other stuff like available apt updates, etc. If someone has one already written it would save me some time.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Delta-Wye posted:

I'm going to try and build a Chenbro ES34069 mini-itx NAS, which has room for four SATA drives and 1 2.5" drive (which I already have). The 2.5" will be the system disk.

The only mini-itx board I can find with 4 onboard SATA at newegg is the Jetway JNC62K - beyond the obvious "its a Jetway, duh" I can't find any info involving Linux or Freebsd, let alone Solaris.

Check this thread, it's about the new Intel Core 2 Duo mini-itx boards. Reasonable Gb ethernet, 5 SATA ports and a PCI-express 1x slot. Chuck in an E2180 and I'd like to think it would fly along with soft raid in linux (or at least do better than the 4-drive NAS appliances in an equivalent price range). I was looking at that chenbro case today, there's also a nice little two-bay version that's not quite so expensive as the 4 bay one.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Delta-Wye posted:

Thanks for the info. I've used Linux extensively, and OpenBSD and FreeBSD less so (although I like them a bit better) but the few minutes I sat in front of Solaris made me want to kill myself. Perhaps I ought to suck it up and try again!
You've got to be making GBS threads me. Even the normal Solaris 10 package comes with an installer that's not really harder than the FreeBSD one, and it even comes with Gnome.

Try the OpenSolaris 2008.05 package. If that's still bothering you, then I don't know.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Toiletbrush posted:

Yes.

Holy poo poo, technology is amazing. That seals it - ZFS it is for me for a server, not unRAID.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Mr Chips posted:

Check this thread, it's about the new Intel Core 2 Duo mini-itx boards. Reasonable Gb ethernet, 5 SATA ports and a PCI-express 1x slot. Chuck in an E2180 and I'd like to think it would fly along with soft raid in linux (or at least do better than the 4-drive NAS appliances in an equivalent price range). I was looking at that chenbro case today, there's also a nice little two-bay version that's not quite so expensive as the 4 bay one.

I've got an E2140 in a different board (some i965-based Mini-ATX) and yes, the damned thing flies as a fileserver, even with both a RAID5 array and a RAID0 array on the same system, all via software RAID.

CeciPipePasPipe
Aug 18, 2004
This pipe not pipe!!

roflsaurus posted:

Also, what do you guys use for automatic monitoring on headless boxes? I was thinking of writing a cron script to check drive status / usage, but also maybe other stuff like available apt updates, etc. If someone has one already written it would save me some time.

mdadm and smartd configured to mail me and twitter me (-> free SMS warnings!) with errors and warnings; another cronscript that checks the contents of /proc/mdstat against a known hash as well for good measure. Also, subscribe to the debian-security-announce mailinglist for apt updates (or the ubuntu equivalent if you're on ubuntu).

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Toiletbrush posted:

You've got to be making GBS threads me. Even the normal Solaris 10 package comes with an installer that's not really harder than the FreeBSD one, and it even comes with Gnome.

Try the OpenSolaris 2008.05 package. If that's still bothering you, then I don't know.

For what it's worth, the last time I ran Solaris was... 2001? 2002? Long before OpenSolaris, I'm pretty sure it only ran on Sparc systems then. And it wasn't installing it, it was just using it that I found distasteful. It just bugged me for whatever reason. I'm going to hunt for Solaris vmware image to play with over the weekend I think. It's not that I couldn't or can't figure it out, it's that I don't want to. :colbert:

Delta-Wye fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 3, 2008

complex
Sep 16, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

For what it's worth, the last time I ran Solaris was... 2001? 2002? Long before OpenSolaris, I'm pretty sure it only ran on Sparc systems then. And it wasn't installing it, it was just using it that I found distasteful. It just bugged me for whatever reason. I'm going to hunt for Solaris vmware image to play with over the weekend I think. It's not that I couldn't or can't figure it out, it's that I don't want to. :colbert:

You'll be pleasantly surprised by the new installer. http://www.opensolaris.com/

Fuller9x
Feb 15, 2005

Gimme Milk
I've just picked up an Intel SS4200E based on this review
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2827039
While it only has a 1.6 core 2 Solo, upgrading the ram to 2GB improved some of the freezing while allocating large torrents and streaming video at the same time. For hosting files and streaming video too and from the Hometheater it seems more than up to the task. I wasn't in the mood to fight with freeNAS, so this was something that for $800 with 4TB of Storage I could plug in, turn on and start allocating to users at home.

I would like to see iSCSI support from the EMC software, but it's entry level point may preclude Intel from offering that.

Mr Chips posted:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Delta-Wye posted:

For what it's worth, the last time I ran Solaris was... 2001? 2002? Long before OpenSolaris, I'm pretty sure it only ran on Sparc systems then. And it wasn't installing it, it was just using it that I found distasteful. It just bugged me for whatever reason.
Can't help it that you had to use CDE, but these days, it comes with Gnome.

OpenSolaris comes as live CD with an installer similar to Ubuntu. If that and Gnome would be bugging you, I don't know.

And if you want a stable and fast ZFS server, you better go with Solaris. It's the native runtime environment. Especially because they've also a kernel CIFS implementation based on actual Microsoft documentation, integrated with ZFS, not available on FreeBSD. All in all quite a little bit much faster than this Samba poo poo and worth it if the clients are Windows.

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender
I'm currently using a combination of utorrent and tunnelier on Windows to send/receive bittorent packets through an SSH tunnel. I want to do this using a low-power NAS and I've got some questions for DNS-323 users:

a) is the software available for the d-link capable of mimicking my setup? I know there's a BT client available and I assume I can compile an SSH client on it, but it would be great to get confirmation from an existing DNS-323 user who's actually done this.

b) is the CPU in the DNS-323 powerful enough not to be a bottleneck when 20 or so torrents are active, for upload/download rates around 525/90 kilobytes/s? My main worry is that it won't be able to encrypt/decrypt quickly enough, hence slowing my speeds.

Thanks for any input. I'm also considering the QNAP TS-209 but it doesn't have a modding community as large as the DNS-323, and it's more expensive.

My ideal setup would be a small, embedded computer running a ULV processor, wifi, and an expansion slot where I could potentially install a hardware RAID controller. Shove all that into a small enclosure and you've got a tiny, low-power and future proof PC that you can hide pretty much anywhere in your house - all you'd need is a power cord. But I think even without hardware RAID this option would cost way, way too much. Would be a lot of fun to build, though.

Another option I haven't seen in this thread would be to use an EEE-PC w/ an external USB hard drive, but no RAID and the slow speed of USB2 are probably show stoppers for most of the people here.

hillaryous clinton fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 4, 2008

ozziegt
Jul 8, 2005

cool under pressure

maninacape posted:

Thanks for any input. I'm also considering the QNAP TS-209 but it doesn't have a modding community as large as the DNS-323, and it's more expensive.
You might want to check the DNS-323 hack forum to get mor info.

maninacape posted:

My ideal setup would be a small, embedded computer running a ULV processor, wifi, and an expansion slot where I could potentially install a hardware RAID controller. Shove all that into a small enclosure and you've got a tiny, low-power and future proof PC that you can hide pretty much anywhere in your house - all you'd need is a power cord. But I think even without hardware RAID this option would cost way, way too much. Would be a lot of fun to build, though.

An Intel Mini-ITX Board in a Mini-ITX case, along with a PCI SATA controller would probably be a good start for less than $300. But it will be a lot of work getting a reliable system up and running, which is why I got a DNS-323 instead.

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender

ozziegt posted:

An Intel Mini-ITX Board in a Mini-ITX case, along with a PCI SATA controller would probably be a good start for less than $300. But it will be a lot of work getting a reliable system up and running, which is why I got a DNS-323 instead.

Woah, thanks :)! That is really awesome, and it comes with SATA II functionality (no raid, but I can live with that for now). Though I don't see why it would be any more difficult than setting up a stable, full-sized desktop PC.

ozziegt
Jul 8, 2005

cool under pressure

maninacape posted:

Woah, thanks :)! That is really awesome, and it comes with SATA II functionality (no raid, but I can live with that for now). Though I don't see why it would be any more difficult than setting up a stable, full-sized desktop PC.

It wouldn't. But for me at least, setting up a reliable headless system with a web interface like the DNS-323 would be more work than just setting up a desktop PC. There are solutions out there which are being discussed in this thread, but unfortunately I don't have the time to research all that, and I am not sure they offer everything I need without modification. The DNS-323 offers everything I need right now and it's plug-in-and go...I just need to install a couple scripts to get rsnapshot running.

I will probably end up going with a mini-itx system in the future though...it would be a fun project. But right now, getting a reliable and stable backup system is my top priority.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself
It's too bad nobody makes a Mini ITX case that can hold 4 or 5 HDs. There are so few Mini ITX cases to begin with. I wish a manufacturer like Lian-Li would make something.

I guess I'll just continue running mine without a case. :arghfist::(

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

the Chenbro ES34069 Mini-ITX Home Server/NAS Chassis

Ahem.

DevastatorIIC
Nov 13, 2006

Dvorak- Ubuntu- KDE- and Opera-fag
What do you all think of diskless enclosures - 4 or 5 bay small NASs that are presumably very easy to use? I'm a lazy rear end, and I just want bytes.

I saw a few on newegg that looked good, so I specced some out: http://modzer0.cs.uaf.edu/~dev2c/wiki/NAS_box

Good/bad/indifferent?

ozziegt
Jul 8, 2005

cool under pressure

Delta-Wye posted:

Ahem.

That is one awesome case right there. Costs over $200 though.

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender

Delta-Wye posted:

Ahem.

Nice case. Would be at the top of my list except I don't see how I'd fit my PCI wifi card in there. Chenbro sells a PSI riser card, but there's no removable slot cover at the back. I'd have to remove the bracket from my card and drill holes in the case to fit the antennas through.

Unfortunately, if I want to avoid doing that I'll probably have to settle for a small ATX case.

ozziegt
Jul 8, 2005

cool under pressure

maninacape posted:

Nice case. Would be at the top of my list except I don't see how I'd fit my PCI wifi card in there. Chenbro sells a PSI riser card, but there's no removable slot cover at the back. I'd have to remove the bracket from my card and drill holes in the case to fit the antennas through.

Unfortunately, if I want to avoid doing that I'll probably have to settle for a small ATX case.
Well if you are going to use the single PCI slot for a RAID controller, you would need to get a USB wifi card anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender

ozziegt posted:

Well if you are going to use the single PCI slot for a RAID controller, you would need to get a USB wifi card anyway.

Yep, good point.