Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Another solution would be to just buy whatever 4-bay NAS, set it up and put your media on it. Then set up Plex on the SFF, point it at the media on the NAS and serve it from there.

Only issue that might pop up will be increased power consumption and network bottlenecking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
To the people running Duplicati on a Synology NAS, does updating the system still wipe out your settings?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Two bad sectors in one of my HDDs in my 2-bay Synology appeared one day so I initiated an advance RMA. I replaced the bad HDD with the one I received from WD and it's not appearing on the list of drives, although the disk light on the front of the Synology is on. So I did it again, maybe it wasn't seated in properly but same story. Then I put in the old drive and it did appear on the list, albeit degraded.

Barring purchasing a Sharkoon disk dock for this single purpose or opening up my mITX desktop and trying to see if it's detected there, is it safe to assume this disk is DOA and I should follow up my support ticket with "new drives broke"? Will they give me any poo poo if I do that?