Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick VTX
May 16, 2002
Well I just bought a DNS-323 with (2)-500GB SATA hard drives and couldn't be happier with it (Cost ~$325). I threw in the new drives, plugged it up to my network and then mapped it as an extra drive on my laptop (WinXP_SP2) using DLink's easy search program. So far I have just manually backed up files to it, but plan to use some of the other features on it once I figure them out.

One small problem I have run into though is that I get an error when trying to pull it up on my PS3..."Media Server Error, DLNA Protocol Error 2114" I am running the latest 1.4 firmware and 2.30? on my PS3 and am not sure if I just misconfigured something or there's a software problem with the DNS323 or PS3.

Has anyone successully got it to work on their PS3 yet? If so, in what capacity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick VTX
May 16, 2002
Thanks for the heads up, just noticed the 1.05 firmware is final now on Dlink's site. Did you have any problem updating the firmware (i.e. did you backup the DNS-323 like they say)?

Migishu posted:

Just installed 1.05 for DNS-323, nice that it has bittorrent now, but still unable to connect to Xbox 360 :(