Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

Jazzzzz posted:

I originally planned on using OpenSolaris via the EON appliance distro, but I found out that as of snv_130 it still does NOT correctly support SATA port multipliers.

Are you able to elaborate on this? Finding information on PMP support in Opensolaris is really difficult, but the build log says it was added in build 122 or thereabouts. I've seen a few posts around of people who claim to have it working.

I set up an opensolaris system to test PMP support, and used the development repositories to update to snv_131, and the system froze when I turned on the external 3176 PMP connected to an internal 3132 chipset card. I'm yet to try other scenarios.

When you say that as of snv_130 they are still not correctly supported, do you mean that they are supported but incorrectly, or that they are not supported at all? If its the first case, what is wrong with the support?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?
Does anyone know of an SAS Expander which does not need to be plugged into a PCI-E, or indeed any, expansion slot? I'm trying to plan out an Atom-based server, but the only board I've found with a PCI-E slot (which would first be used by an HBA) has only one slot at all, which would make powering an expander via an expansion slot impossible.

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?
I'm considering putting together a DS380 and an ASRock C2750D4I to run linux mdadm on some WD Reds, are there any problems with such a setup? I see there's some buzz from nearer the ASRock's release that there was some trouble with drives on some of the Marvell controllers dropping out under load, is this still a problem, or even likely?